New or Old... 2004 Armada transmission replacement
Armada and Titan Hermanos;
Could use some advice.
Although I am fanatical about maintaining my vehicles...
At about 190K my 2004 Nissan Armada's (LE /4WD) transmission has began showing sings of fatigue or failure.
Had both, a:
- P1716; Valve body control module
- P1759; Front brake solenoid (which is inside the control module on the valve body / transmission)
After consulting a couple of transmission specialist, they are in agreement that my Armada's transmission needs to be replaced.
With a transmission replacement looming, i was wondering if there was a best choice out there; something that i don't have to replace again because of the all too familiar and commonly known Armada / Titan transmission recurring issues.
So, bottom line...
- What replacement transmission should i get?
- How much?
- Who has it with the best / longest warranty? (i will be having it professionally installed at a reputable dealership)
- Will they stand up and honor their warranty?
This vehicle has been family to us and I enjoy driving it (really driving it)
Thank you all for your time and advice.
- Juan B., US Army