LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

O2 Sensor - DIY?

Hello everyone.

I have an '07 Armada. It's been running a little rough lately, but my SES light came on yesterday. Checked the codes and I'm getting 0133 and 0153, Sensor Circuit Slow Response, Bank 1 Sensor 1 and Bank 2 Sensor 1.

My questions - is it fairly safe to assume the O2 sensors need replaced and that will fix the problem? Is this something I can do myself? I've looked up the procedure (thanks youtube) and it looks pretty easy provided I get the right socket and am strong enough to break it free. I've never worked on cars before but I'm decently handy in general and very broke which is a great motivation.

I really appreciate everyone's help here. I've learned a lot just from reading through all the great posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2017, 03:30 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Typically speaking, those codes do point to the sensor itself and typically are a result of an old sensor. If your sensors are original, it's probably a safe bet.

I haven't done them on the Armada, but in general it's a good idea to hit the sensor threads with some PB Blaster a day or so before you attempt to take them out. It's an easy repair, provided you don't accidentally break one of the sensors off in the bung.

Good Luck!