Questions about i.d on gear ratio on older Armadas - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Questions about i.d on gear ratio on older Armadas

Hi I'm new here and I've been looking around and doing research on gear ratios on how to find out what size I have. I tried finding something in the search but couldn't find anything on how to id gear ratios on the older Armadas. Mine is a 06 2wd se. It has the transmission temp gauge, air suspension, rear tow bar, tow button. Dealership sez its a of 3:69 based off my vin, b piller sez RD29. I read are rear differential carriers are not the same as Titans but from Pathfinders on the older Armada they don't even make aftermarket differential covers for are Armada.

Last edited by TerryArmada2; 08-31-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

Quote:
There are only two options for the ratios in the Armada. The non-big tow is 2.94 and the big tow/off road is 3.36. There are no aftermarket gears available. Even if there were, changing the ratio causes problems. The Armada's computers are looking at vehicle speed from two sources; the sensor in the transmission and the wheel sensors. If these two signals don't match it causes problems, such as incorrect transmission operation and failure of the cruise control system. If you change final ratios, these two signals will not match.
Source: https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/8-e...io-towing.html
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

This dosent help me locate the gear size. Nor tell me anything ive already read :-( I just want to know what gears i have. If i want the obvious one ill recalibrate, since the rim and tire sizes where all the same in 06 for 2wd. That post is kinda old, is it possible there are different gear ratios other than the two? I dont think we share same diff as the Titan.

Last edited by TerryArmada2; 08-31-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 09:18 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

Ok so i saw "gear ratio" in my mind. My bag bro. Just trying to help.

Your car is old.. LOL its a 2006, so that post WRT to what its talking about is correct for any model year up to the end of the old body style armada and up to 2010 for the qx.

What do you mean "what gears you have"? I'm not a gear head or mechanic, and am just trying to help.

If you need immediate help, you are welcome to search the forum and or internet-wide. You can even call a local Nissan shop who may be able to directly get you what you need.

The titan, armada of that year (and years after/before) were made on the same line in Mississippi so they share many similarities. You can go to the titans forum to find out more about the titans specifically if that's matters to you.

What are your concerned about? That if you put on different size wheels if that will that alter your speedo?

Last edited by marctronixx; 09-01-2017 at 09:20 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Sorry, I bought it in 2006. I use to post here a long time ago. Unfortunately there's not that many people who really get into a Armadas other than on this site. I usually post on Club Titan but unfortunately like I said our rear ends are not the same, so it's going to be kind of hard for me to find information. She does mid 8s in the 1/8.
I may just have to take her apart just to count the teath. This place hasn't changed one bit.

Suncoast hood, corbeau seats, volk te37s gutted to 4500 curb. Moderators you can delete this handle. Im done here lol.

With a possible, rare 3:69 rear end? I guess youll never know?

Last edited by marctronixx; 09-01-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode