User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oil Pressure gauge concern

Good morning everyone and its been too long. I ran a search and did not see a post on this so, maybe someone can calibrate me. My bride and I were on a long drive yesterday and she looked over at the OP gauge and asked if that was normal. We noticed that the gauge was sitting between the 3/4 and H mark. Engine was about 2,500 rpm, not pushing it at all. When idling, the OP gauge was in the middle. Rev it up to 3k rpm and it hit H.

I pulled into a Pep Boys to ask a tech and it just so happens that he was working on another Armada and I asked to look at that gauge. Unfortunately, there was something wrong with that Armada... either the sensor or gauge since that one was idling and pegged on H all the time.

Oil was just changed less than a week ago at my mechanic's and it is not overfull, just right.

What say the hive mind?

Thank you in advance for your help and input...

DrFrige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 02:21 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

If there is any movement of the needle off zero just by turning the key to ON (engine not running) then the sending unit is bad. It's probably the sending unit, regardless. Search Amazon for "25070" around $30.

It's located next to the oil filter. You don't have to drain the oil to replace the sensor, but oil will drain out without a sensor in place. Engine oil needs to be cold. Unclip sensor wire harness and move out of the way of oil leakage, unscrew old sending unit, plug hole with finger, replace with new one, replace sensor wiring clip.

Don't wear a dress shirt and a sport jacket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51r4KKWE7kL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	41362  

2005 Armada LE 207K miles,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, rear cats deleted and replaced with 2 x Vibrant 1792 resonators, Magnaflow 22", stock pipes, dual tips, home made K&N RU-3270 intake,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with 6000K 75W HIDs,
, 36W LED projector fogs, LEDs all around,
, 400W rear amp + Bose 161s in back,
, 'Armada' emblem wrap for the hamburger,
for interior exhaust fans and continuous battery charging.

Last edited by SGreenlyn; 09-18-2017 at 02:28 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 03:08 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGreenlyn View Post
I almost feel like this must have come from personal experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 09:00 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrige View Post
My bride and I were on a long drive yesterday and she looked over at the OP gauge and asked if that was normal.
I forgot to say, "OMG, REALLY?" She's a keeper.

, rear cats deleted and replaced with 2 x Vibrant 1792 resonators, Magnaflow 22", stock pipes, dual tips, home made K&N RU-3270 intake,
with 6000K 75W HIDs,
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
If there is any movement of the needle off zero just by turning the key to ON (engine not running) then the sending unit is bad. It's probably the sending unit, regardless. Search Amazon for "25070" around $30.

It's located next to the oil filter. You don't have to drain the oil to replace the sensor, but oil will drain out without a sensor in place. Engine oil needs to be cold. Unclip sensor wire harness and move out of the way of oil leakage, unscrew old sending unit, plug hole with finger, replace with new one, replace sensor wiring clip.

HOLY CRAP! We have a BINGO!! I went outside, Put key in ignition (Did not start the engine) and the needle went up to the 1/2 way mark.

I LOVE this place! Thank you!!!

Quote:
I forgot to say, "OMG, REALLY?" She's a keeper.
Oh yeah she is! Thanks

Last edited by marctronixx; 09-19-2017 at 08:39 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 03:52 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrige View Post
HOLY CRAP! We have a BINGO!! I went outside, Put key in ignition (Did not start the engine) and the needle went up to the 1/2 way mark.

I LOVE this place! Thank you!!!
You're welcome! You might ask your oil change mechanic for $30 off next time for whacking your sending unit.

with 6000K 75W HIDs,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode