Question about Autolite iridium spark plugs XP5325 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By PetitFrereArmada
  • 1 Post By crazy4trains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Question about Autolite iridium spark plugs XP5325

A friend of mine recently sold his Armada and gave me a set of 8 Autolite XP5325 iridium spark plugs. Most of the discussion on this board is on the NGK, Denso or Bosch plugs. I haven't found any discussion on the Autolite plugs. My Armada has just over 70,000 miles and thought might as well change out the plugs.

Anybody have any feedback or thoughts on these Autolite plugs?

Also, what's the difference between iridium plugs and laser iridium plugs?

Autolite - Online Parts Lookup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 05:09 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Autolite is not a very popular spark plug brand. Granted you got it free, but I will not use it in your Armada. Go strictly with OEM. They are not that expensive when you look online.

You are at 70,000 miles. Our Armada/QX spark plugs are rated for 100,000 miles. So, you are doing good trying to change it now. I changed mine in my QX at about 80,000. But the plugs are rated for 100,000 miles.

Stick with OEM or you will not get the same performance. Spark plugs are very important. Do not put something that will disappoint you all of a sudden some day with your car having hard starts.

Just check the OEM and buy exactly what it says it needs.
marctronixx likes this.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 05-23-2018 at 07:40 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 05:19 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

If you have time and just want to read my major maintenance on my 2009 Armada, feel free to read my thread below and a few pictures from the thread. If I can advice you, I will say totally avoid buying anything else when it comes to spark plugs. Buy OEM or you may regret someday when your car does not start.

I bought OEM which is NGK Laser Iridium DILFR5A-11D
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/186...lugs-belt.html

And this showing when my friend changed out the plugs for me. Side by side of new vs old plugs.
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/186...gs-belt-5.html

Taking off the old spark plugs.

New vs old. The old didn't look too bad, but I was definitely due for a set of new ones.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 12:16 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

I’m at 75k. My next oil change i think ill get my plugs changed.

Agree that autolite are not a good brand for nissan/infiniti, and you should only use oem for items specific like plugs...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Wow! Not much love for the AutoLite plugs. At least I didn't pay for them.

I may go ahead and put them in as an experiment to see if/how anything changes. I can always go back and put OE/OEM plugs in later. I seriously doubt that I will have any starting and/or driveability problems as these are good quality iridium plugs but you just never know.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 03:15 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

Your car , your choice. I don’t think anyone means to sound disrespectful.

Is the heat range of the plug in line with the oem plug? Make sure.

Its probably ok, and you may not have any issues. re-using old plugs taken out from another car would need to be cleaned to remove any fouling or carbon buildup.

This cat in this thread seems to like them:

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/8-e...ark-plugs.html

Perhaps follow up with him on his experience.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
Your car , your choice. I don’t think anyone means to sound disrespectful.

Is the heat range of the plug in line with the oem plug? Make sure.

Its probably ok, and you may not have any issues. re-using old plugs taken out from another car would need to be cleaned to remove any fouling or carbon buildup.

This cat in this thread seems to like them:

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/8-e...ark-plugs.html

Perhaps follow up with him on his experience.
No disrespect was inferred. I asked the question and was ready for the answers. I was a little surprised by the total dislike toward the AutoLite plugs, but can understand it.

I will cross-check specs before I do anything to verify the applicability of the plugs.

I missed the referenced thread in my earlier search. I haven't yet mastered the search function on this forum. Good information and I will ask for a follow-up.

The person that gave me the plugs also gave me a Fram oil filter. That is going in the trash.
marctronixx likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 01:21 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

I think the reason for the dislike towards Autolite is basically because majority of people on this forum probably went with OEM for spark plugs replacement. That is probably why no one has given a real life experience with it.

Also, you know on the forum all we do is just share ideas and maybe answer others questions. We share our own experiences or what we know from seeing other people's experiences.

But you know the end result is we each own our cars and paid for it. So, it is totally up to the owner to make the final decision.

Based on my own experiences, I have learned that there are just some vital parts that is good to stick to OEM. It does not mean that other parts will not work. But one does not know for sure without proper experience with the parts how long it may last compared to if it was OEM.

The Nissan OEM plugs is rated for 100,000 miles. That is what Nissan says and I believe there are way too many people who change their spark plugs about that time and their cars are still cranking fine. So, changing it at 80,000 is really good. Not like it is really due. If you can work on your car and you install the Autolite then the good thing is if it fails prematurely, you can easily switch it back to OEM.

Would like to see what you finally decide to do.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:41 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I needed to replace what I believe to be the original plugs in our 174k-mile 09 Armada. I bought the Autolite XP5325 from Rock Auto and they work beautifully. Mileage is up about 1.5mpg on average and no ill effects. After mail-in rebate, my cost for 8 plugs was about $13 total. Autolite makes a quality spark plug, as do many of the other vendors. Best of luck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode