Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
You said the tach was bouncing, was the engine also dropping in speed? If so the truck must have been bucking pretty good.
If it was just the tach showing reduced rpms, I would suspect a bad 12v battery. Each time the battery on my truck has gone bad, erroneous readings from the gauges has been one of the first symptoms.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
Last edited by Campfamily; 07-06-2018 at 11:48 AM.