Slip VDC light on no throttle response - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jesse94
  • 1 Post By staplebox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Slip VDC light on no throttle response

Hello . I'm currently having issue with my throttle. I have pedal response on my snap on computer . But the signal cuts off when I turn the vehicle on. Iv replaced the pedal and throttle body sensor and had no luck. If anyone can please help with this issue it would be much appreciated. Going on 3 weeks with this issue. I also attached a picture of the codes that I have .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180720_124410_1532681736854.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	44711  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:22 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

Hello.

What mode Year is your car?
Have you had it since new , or is it a recent used purchase?

Did something happen to the car prior to this issue? Did you have any other DTCs or other issues prior to this?

What octane of fuel are you using?

As for the pedal, there is a sensor under the pedal on the floor that measures the distance from the pedal to the floor sens to determine how to open or close the throttle.

Faulty wire harness? Continuity issue ?

MAF? Did you resolve/check?
Do you have any aftermarket instake on the engine ?

ECM reset? Did you attempt?

What symptoms are you having with this? Does the car start? Can you drive the car? Does it idle on its on?

How is your voltage reading? Battery and cables good? Alternator? Grounding straps?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

[QUOTE=marctronixx;566755]Hello.

What mode Year is your car? -08
Have you had it since new , or is it a recent used purchase? - used but was running fine with no issues had it for a few years now

Did something happen to the car prior to this issue? No issues
Did you have any other DTCs or other issues prior to this? Just a MAF codes

What octane of fuel are you using? Regular unleaded

As for the pedal, there is a sensor under the pedal on the floor that measures the distance from the pedal to the floor sens to determine how to open or close the throttle.

Faulty wire harness? I seem to have a short in the "electric accessories" fuse located in the fuse box but I'm not sure if it's a short because I don't have any blown fuses
Continuity issue ?

MAF? Stock air flow nothing aftermarket.
Did you resolve/check? Idles very high
Do you have any aftermarket instake on the engine ? No

ECM reset? Did you attempt? Yes I tried many times no luck

What symptoms are you having with this? High ideling , no throttle response. Clicking noise from the camshaft sensors on both sides. I here a loud knocking sound in the back sounds like an acuator
Does the car start? Car starts up fine everything works except the throttle and the AC compressor won't turn on nor the AC condenser fan

Can you drive the car? Yes but it's only up to 15 mph
Does it idle on its on? Yes

How is your voltage reading? On the battery 12.6
Battery and cables good? Battery is fine and from a a visual inspection yes cables are fine as well
Alternator? Haven't checked that yet
Grounding straps? Everything seems to be in place checked all grounds related to the issue . I've checked the wiring diagram and traced back all my grounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 12:52 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

I think you tried to quote me and the quotes didnt work right, but i think i can figure out what you’re saying...

Looks like you have some electrical gremlins running about that could be related to this issue.

Faulty wire harness can also cause this high voltage read.

Did you check the sensor under the pedal? I couldn’t fully understand your response.

You mentioned the ECM reset And that you had “no luck”. Are you saying you had “no luck” resetting the ECM (this involves pedal presses and key on/off) or that you did have a successful ECM reset but that did not help with errors ?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

I haven't checked underneath the pedal and I had no luck resetting the ecm with the pedal .by the way I appreciate you taking time out of your day to respond to me and helping me with the issues . I'm.determind to resolve the issue soon. It's a pain
marctronixx likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:54 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

I wish I could do more. Im not a mechanic but ive been around these cars for years, plus ive read the service manual a time or two and have some basic understandings about areas to troubleshoot for certain thigns.

it just sounds like you have some electrical issues that's really causing your dilemma, and thats difficult to diagnose over the internet.

someone else on another forum had an issue with engine hesitation/surging. nissan told them it was related to the ECM and a specific harness. one poster suggested to check the harnesses and clean them de-tox the dirt/debris off , whilst I suggested to check battery, cabling, and alternator.

the ECM trick really involves timing, so if you have the procedure (its avail on this forum or you can search the interwebs), you may need a stop watch or something to keep time.

but again, i think its electrical so check your harnesses at the ECM....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 08:52 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Definitely seems electrical with that P0643 - I believe disconnecting the MAF sensor will put the Slip / VDC lights on - so they are probably in the same 5 volt reference circuit. If that circuit is shorted out that could be your problem.

What is the short in the fuse box you referenced?

I'd either start with that or with a wiring diagram for the MAF/pedal circuit and start looking for shorts or bad grounds, bad sensors etc. Electrical stuff is a timely process of elimination but is pretty black and white.
marctronixx likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode