hi guys, i am posting here to share about the title above, pls read if you have same symptom it might not be transmission issues
i have a titan, but reading here seems to have similar problems on the 2nd gen
my post is copy and pasted from titan forums..
in short they found fuel pump as culprit hope you guys scan and see as well i had no cel popped in my dash only after dealer scanned
fuel pressure is low see pics of report..
we bought a titan (my wife's dream truck); have a 2018 P4X non-xd, im just @ 1500 miles i was about to go uprev tune but had to wait and check if i have some problems with my transmission as there's some problems going on..
below as follows, worsened in a short time, i don't complain much but its not right for a brand new truck..
1. delayed acceleration coming to a stop then going to a turn; seems like too high of a gear for too low of a speed
2.Problem switching gears, just like passing 38mph instead of down shift it shifted up lol.., have to tap2x to go down a gear instead..
3. noted rpm bouncing while cruising/maintaining speed in the city limits, too high of a gear/lugging; (38mph 6th gear @ 1k rpms)
4. some occasional slight thud shifting down/up
no problem whatsoever when you drive it hard but still bit slow maybe?
my friend's dodge ram 1500 though dial but is responsive with throttle and trans.
and my other complaint was my damn heated seats wont turn on until its past 5 miles , im just 160lbs, (non ventilated)
so tech diagnosed took them 2 hrs they had questions with the ff:
1. remote start viper 1 mile range remote/antenna + fortin nits4 (factory sucks at 60 ft lol) -was plug an play.. can also use lock 3x to start in oem remote
2. exhaust (magnaflow 12278 + 2nd cats delete, with resonator as replacements) -maintained stock piping
all those^^ done 2 weeks prior to appt and non were involved with the truck's problem and has been doing it as well..
my wife is dissapointed but i said, its ok, its new probably needs some tweaks see what notes the techs has wrote on pics below..
i had no CEL but when they scanned it was P0090 (fuel pump code) and had low pressure detected at the fuel rail while driving
i was thinking it was Throttle position sensor or some fueling problem and not transmission.. and it is..
so waiting for a part and they will install and hope its the right fix