Armada 2005 acceleration issues - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1lowcab
  • 1 Post By Guesswhatchickenbutt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Armada 2005 acceleration issues

Hello, guys I'm ready fo buy a 2005 armada but it has this problem that I would like to point out before I buy it.
The car, wont accelerate for a few seconds. Then it starts slowly picking up, and it drives just fine after that, until I stop. Then is the same thing all over again.
My question is?
Is the transmission going out?
The owners tell me they just changed the transmission year and a half ago.
Or is it something else ?

Beforehand, I wanna thank you for helping me on this matter. I really want to get this truck. But I don't want to spend another 3 or 4k on a new transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:25 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hard to say for sure but it could be a slew of other things causing it also. Hard to say but it would sound more like a engine electronics issue more then trans, but no way to say for sure of the internet. Like the air flow sensor, throttle position sensor(that would include the whole throttle body on the armada). Could even be a bad oxygen sensor. Are any codes coming up? Any other weird issues like really bad gas mileage? also does the trans shift smooth?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:05 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Man, it could be any number of things. Any lights on in the dash, check engine light or anything?
marctronixx likes this.

08 Armada 4x4 SE K11 Smoke Grey

Bully Dog GT w/ 2* Timing Mod, Airbox Mod, Belltech Sway Bar w/ Poly Bushings Front + Rear,
Running Board Delete, Tinted Headlights + Taillights, Alpine Type S 10" Sub + Alpine MRV Amplifier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:51 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

If the AT light is on, I'd stay away. The transmission does have a limp mode it will go into. I was looking at an 08 that had the light on. The seller didn't say anything about it until I showed up. He thought it was the cat due to poor acceleration until about 40mph or so. Then it was all good. After I did more research, with the AT light on and this fact, it was easy to assume the transmission was in limp mode (stuck in 4th gear only, hence the slow start). This is my guess if the light is on. If not like the others said, it could be lots of stuff.
Ercast likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:32 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
As others have stated, check for codes. If owner won't let you pull codes, walk away. If you do not have a code reader, take it to a reputable shop and have it checked out (good idea anyways, regardless if you are a competent tree shade mechanic).
Verify that the PO replaced tranny (receipts), however at 18months, the rebuild is most likely outside of any warranty.
You are correct is stating that you don't want to spend another 3/4K on a new tranny.
Don't make a costly mistake for a pretty face. There are plenty of well running Armadas available...

... just my 2cents
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Baltzell View Post
Hard to say for sure but it could be a slew of other things causing it also. Hard to say but it would sound more like a engine electronics issue more then trans, but no way to say for sure of the internet. Like the air flow sensor, throttle position sensor(that would include the whole throttle body on the armada). Could even be a bad oxygen sensor. Are any codes coming up? Any other weird issues like really bad gas mileage? also does the trans shift smooth?
Thank you si much for your input. I will definitely check those.

Thank you friend for giving me your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Baltzell View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time responding this. I will definitely check on those options and check for the codes.

Last edited by marctronixx; 01-05-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode