Nissan Armada 2015 Platinum - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By primoV8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Red face Nissan Armada 2015 Platinum

Good morning, I am Ahmed from Oman( middle east). I bought nissan armada 2015 platinum from Usa before 3 years. I bought as new vehicle (zero millage). After the vehicle run 25000 mile there was sound accrued when shutdown the engine like same video i found in armada club withe one member. I checked the vehicle by computer several timed it reads (P1829) throttle position sensor. I replaced the throttle two times but still the problem there. I want to know what did the member do for solving this problem. One member mentioned that qx56 has same problem and he solved the problem by replacing the timing chain kit. I am looking now how to solve this problem
Best regards
Ahmed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 10:59 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

I saw the video you referenced to. in that particular video, and as other stated in that thread, it's normal. It's caused by engine compression. When it shuts off, one or more pistons are on the compression stroke and it comes back out through the intake.

sometimes if you pay careful attention, some of those sucking sounds are louder and other are fainter. this is because the "further in" pistons that are on this stroke are further away from the intake. sometimes if you car engine is hot the sounds can be "angry" when they come out.

as for your code, this is unrelated to the sucking sound you hear.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks brother for your replay, but i found many faults by checking the vehicle by computer, for example throttle position sensor(P1829) code. I changed the throttle and programmed the computer of vehicle the sound disappeared, but it came again after few hours.we did small experiment, we disconnect the throttle switch and switched on the engine and shutdown it there was no sound. this is mean that the engine is OK no faults with the engine. When we connected the throttle position switch the sound appeared again after shutdown the engine. I understand that there is misunderstanding from computer of the vehicle when shut downing the engine, the throttle door should be closed when downshifting the engine like my brother vehicle (Nissan armada 2010) but in my vehicle it is opening??????. the main important point which i understand the fault is between the throttle and the computer of the vehicle . As you know i bought my vehicle and there was no engine sound when shutting down the engine, after using it for more than 2 years the sound appeared. I get another fault code also which is (B2580 pass sunld den) any one can help me in this code pleas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 10:29 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)

Garage
As marctronixx has stated, the sound you're hearing when shutting off the engine is normal. My QX80 does the same, even a more pronounced sound because of the aFe CAI. I rather hear that sound because that also tells me the throttle body plate has closed in its fully seated position.

When you changed out the parts, did you perform the closed throttle position relearn procedure? Followed up with idle air volume learning procedure?Anytime the throttle body is removed from the intake manifold, when the TPS is replaced or unplugged, these procedures should be done afterwards.
marctronixx likes this.

"I may think I have inalienable rights to be alive and happy but I don't - life is a blessing."

- Terrence McNally

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode