• 1 Post By staplebox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Transmission issue/concern

hey mada fans names dale and this is my 2nd mada. the form is odd as this is the only place I can post something.
anyway we had a 04 se mada for sometime but good old drivers that cant drive totaled it .so we bought a 06 le doing a lot of work to her at the moment . but right now I feel like a noob .. when driving in auto (awd) the 06 feels like is in 4lo on pavement. locking up in the snow is this normal. never felt it in the 04? basically im plowing my drive way with the armada and when ever in turing both drive and reverse it really feels like it is skipping I also have vdc off while plowing? driver side shaft is fine no pop out or play.. I know the o4 had like 1/2 inch of up and down play this one has nothing. is it normal?
marctronixx likes this.

Last edited by Dale Brisson; 02-02-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

That post is hard to follow but I have an 06 too and want to help you out. I am not sure I understand your problem but I am going to take a crack at it.

Sounds like you are saying that in AWD it feels like 4Lo. That could be because you are driving it in snow (plowing?) and the wheels are slipping and then the front is locking up. When the front locks up (4WD) and you are turning on dry pavement you are going to get that binding feeling. Usually if you are in 4WD on snow, sand, mud, dirt you don't notice the binding so much because the tires can slip on those surface and that means no binding. That is why you don't want to drive 4WD on dry pavement.

Does it run ok around town and on the highway in AWD? If so I wouldn't worry about it. Just try to limit how far you turn the wheel when you're plowing so you don't get so much binding.
Dale Brisson likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yes sorry if there is one thing I suck at . is this so bare with me please

as I said I do plow with the mada .but lets say right now I do not.
the 04 was a beast with more problems then a teen break up LOL
but it never locked in awd. it did not matter if I was at full steering lock (left/right) it felt smooth like new smooth.

now the 06 in awd it don't matter if I turn the wheels 1 inch or full lock @ crawl speed ( in drive foot off the gas idle) or 20 mph it skips and drags the front.

last night was plowing and got stuck so had to use 4hi/4lo to get out. but the 4x4 went out and lost the little wheels on the cluster .but no abs slip etc. on the dash.. just restarted the truck and lights went back to normal ..?what was that

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode