2005 Nissan Armada Flywheel Crack - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

2005 Nissan Armada Flywheel Crack

I have a 2005 Nissan Armada. I love my truck and just recently have had to replace the flywheel 3 times in 18 months. The first flywheel tore up the starter also. So after a new starter and a new flywheel it was fine until I noticed the rattling sound. I have replaced it 2 after the initial flywheel and no one can pinpoint the problem. Any suggestions, knowledge or comments? There is no damage to the teeth of the flywheel. I attached pic of the flywheel as one whole piece. The second pic, actually the 1st pic, shows how the cover plate now looks. The only difference is the small circular part is still attached to the flywheel. Help!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flywheel 2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	45321   Click image for larger version

Name:	flywheel 0077.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	45323  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:17 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have a 2005 Nissan Armada. I love my truck and just recently have had to replace the flywheel 3 times in 18 months. The first flywheel tore up the starter also. So after a new starter and a new flywheel it was fine until I noticed the rattling sound. I have replaced it 2 after the initial flywheel and no one can pinpoint the problem. Any suggestions, knowledge or comments? There is no damage to the teeth of the flywheel. I attached pic of the flywheel as one whole piece. The second pic, actually the 1st pic, shows how the cover plate now looks. The only difference is the small circular part is still attached to the flywheel. Help!!!!
Something out of balance? Does your engine idle smoothly when the flywheel is replaced? I'm also wondering whether the starter replacement might be connected.....the problem might be in the starter (not retracting, putting a sideways load on the flywheel?), and you're just seeing it in the flywheel. Also, where are you getting your replacement flywheels? Are they new or from a used vehicle?

This is the first time I've heard of a flywheel cracking on our trucks. You may also want to go over to ClubTitan, there are way more members and experience over there than here, and the drivetrain on their trucks is the same as yours.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
Something out of balance? Does your engine idle smoothly when the flywheel is replaced? I'm also wondering whether the starter replacement might be connected.....the problem might be in the starter (not retracting, putting a sideways load on the flywheel?), and you're just seeing it in the flywheel. Also, where are you getting your replacement flywheels? Are they new or from a used vehicle?

This is the first time I've heard of a flywheel cracking on our trucks. You may also want to go over to ClubTitan, there are way more members and experience over there than here, and the drivetrain on their trucks is the same as yours.

Keith
Hey Keith, Thank you for your response. The engine idles smoothly and there isn't a hesitation in the engine starting when you turn it over. The first flywheel replacement was an after-market flywheel but the other two were directly from Nissan. I can not say with certainty that the mechanic that replaced the starter initially used a new starter.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode