need suggestions on possible head gasket - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

need suggestions on possible head gasket

my 06 LE is smoking white from exhaust and milky in valve covers but not oil. this the head gaskets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:25 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Those defiantly lead me to be suspicious. How far do you drive to work? I know creamy oil under the oil cap can be from excess moisture, not getting the vehicle really hot and warmed up. Frequent trips like this will start to get a lot of moisture buildup in the engine.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:37 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Firefighter is right. You can have oil under the cap. It's fairly common if driven for short trips quiet often and the engine isn't given a chance to burn off the condensation that builds up. It's supper common of propane forklifts.

How much is it smoking, is it puffing out huge thick white clouds? Hows the oil on your dipstick? To be sure you have coolant in the oil you could let it sit overnight then pull the oil plug (messy and hacky)and see what comes out first. Water is heavier than oil and will settle to the bottom. Are you having overheating problems? I'm not sure about Nissan's but depending on how the gasket or head failed sometimes you can pull the rad cap(when it's cold) and the coolant bubbles like mad then that's a sign you may be pumping compression into the coolant passages.

04 Armada LE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode