Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this 2004 Armada for about a year now. Low miles, clean, runs great. The rear power door has always been quirky, but it's always worked* both opening and closing. That all ended yesterday. Up until yesterday the only way to operate the rear door was to use the button on the dash (and frequently I'd have to first press the diver's door unlock button and the the rear door button). It's always been that way and while slightly inconvenient wasn't a big enough deal for me to look into fixing. The other methods of operating the rear door, the key fob, the handle on the door itself, the the close/cancel button in the back have never worked. The lift motor itself has always seemed fine. No grinding or popping, just a normal hum. I doubt that the motor went completely dead overnight.
Now nothing is working. I have to use the manual interior release to open the door which is kind of a PITA. The motor that pulls the door tight once it's down is still functioning. The lift-supports are still functioning normally. Strong enough to assist with lifting and hold the door wide open.
Any advice? I watched some YouTube videos. Removed the interior panel and tried disconnecting and reconnecting some wires with no result. I'm not great with electrical problems, but I am willing to try.

·
Administrator
6,551 Posts
hi and welcome.

there are several threads on this topic. may be worth a bit of time to search the archives.

ill send some links your way to get you started.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
I had a similar problem and it ended up being the locking latch on the trunk. It had very weird behavior (key fob not working, handle not working, would open not close, would not pull down closed on manual, etc.).

I believe the root cause was the seal around the hatch was dirty and not water tight. Water got in and ruined the electronic latch. I ended up taking off both seals (hatch and window) cleaning them then reinstalling.

Surprisingly, once I installed the new electronic latch it worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought an 06 armada LE about a year ago. Wouldn't power open or close. After disassembling interior and securely mounting the bolts that tend to come off and back out, achieved power open but still no close! Upon further disassemble, taking off the latch lock to clean it up(highly recommended) and lightly air wand any excess moisture out of connections, it moves easily again, and found out there's actually a 2nd motor, just for closing, and it's about 150$, as opposed to the big one!! Attached is a diagram found online, still looking into this, but seems legitimate and since I need relays(will be hitting salvage yard in morning, and hopefully find 1 there also) will post updates, thank you all for the great work on diagnosing electrical, and helpful insight on our nissan issues! Hope this will help others White Product Motor vehicle Font Line
Font Line Parallel Diagram Design
White Product Motor vehicle Font Line
part is in red in diagram. Thanks everyone, stay blessed!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Good find. I had no idea there were two motors there. Looking at the parts diagram (on my phone) it appears the part is not sold separately.

Have you confirmed it is not working? Mine behaved strangely and inconsistent and the electronic latch fixed it.

Due to the behavior I never would have guessed that was the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts