Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D
Hope I'm doing this right! I'm fairly new to computers and the internet....My teenage daughter is away with her cousin and I'm trying to do this by the seat of my pants!!! :eek:

My wife and I were shopping July 4th to find a replacement for her dodge minivan. Visited several Nissan dealerships to evaluate the Armada and a couple of Ford dealerships to look at the Expedition. I was impressed with the Armada in its styling...it just says BIG all over! We were just ready to leave the Nissan dalership to go to another Ford dealership...when the salesman and his manager started to seriously talk price. They still had an '04 4x4 LE, New (41 miles on the odom from 3 earlier test drives), with sunroof, leather , and Bose stereo, and they made an offer that seemed to be a pretty good deal, compared to the current '05.

We're slowly driving it around a bit more... will definitely take some getting used to with something this big. We find that the back-up sensor is very handy to have.

But I had some reservations of the Armada because of the Brakes issue...the Salesman promised us that we will get the fix-it kit of new rotors/calipers and the Service Dept. has them in stock. Took the Armada in last Wednesday to have the Brakes "fixed"...but was denied by the service Manager. He said that the car was too new to have any problems (true...only put on 125 miles after we took the car home), and he can't justify doing the fix-it kit now. Spoke to the salesman's manager...and was informed that the salesman was not authorized to make the promise/statement that we would get the upgraded brakes :mad: :temphot: ...but if the brakes start to give us any problems during the warranty period, then Nissan will take care of it.

Well...until the time comes for a brake job...we are enjoying the Armada. I've seen references of referring to this as 'the Beast' and I'm beginning to see that this nickname is deserved!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I have had the same thing happen to me three times and they said the third time would fix the problem. I have not had any problems with them yet.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
enjoy your Mada, and remember not all 04 has the brake problems. Untill you have a problem with your brakes, then you can take in for the brake fix, otherwise why to bother, and Nissan is aware of some of the 04 and 05 brakes problem and taking care of it, not to forget the unlimited miles warranty on the brakes.:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Boy, sure is a old post to bring up!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Yikes!

Maybe we should ask the website admins to enlarge the timestamp of the posts so this doesn't happen. I have to admit, I almost replied to posts that were way outdated. I wouldn't want people thinking that I was high from smoking something, LOL.:duh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts