Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 LE 4X4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No heat on seats at all. Fuse OK. On both switches, only the "Low" light comes on in either "Hi" or "Low" position, "Hi" light never comes on.
I would like to replace the relay, but can't figure out where it is. Some sources say it is under the center console, others say it is in the
dash under the heater controls. The relay seems to be the next step after checking the fuse.
I am hoping someone out there actually knows for sure where it is.
Any help appreciated.

2004 LE 4X4

·
Registered
2004 LE 4X4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the service manual section about the seats, but not much about the location, has the wiring diagram but not actual location of the relay in the vehicle.
And thanks for the section on the heating and cooling.

·
Registered
2004 LE 4X4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, checked the schematics and couldn't find any relays for seat heaters. Found this schematic that seems to show it in the dash to the right of steering column, but it's pretty vague.
Seat heat relay.jpg

As seems normal for this year, while looking for seat heaters relay, the driver door window went down and died there. Never to move again.
Luckily the Dairy Queen drive-up window is close to my house.
Did the usual, checked fuse and bought new set of switches, but that didn't help.
So right now it is the shop getting new window motor or regulator or both. While it's already there, told the mechanic to fix the seat heaters,
short of new heating coils in the seats.
Also found out something interesting, well to me, maybe you already knew. When the window switches are unplugged, the liftgate will not operate.
Found this out by accident and thought.... damn, what next. But after plugging the switches back in, the liftgate worked fine again.
And also learned that with the door open and the engine running, you can't lock the doors with the switch on door. Guess I won't lock myself out.
And so the fun continues ....... 😎

1 - 5 of 5 Posts