Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My concern is that i havent noticed any problems regarding my brakes...

only problem i've had so far is with the windshield wipers unexpectedly falling off, which damaged my windshield. luckily nissan replaced that..

but is is that common for the brakes to judder in 04 models?

the only obvious thing is the crazy amount of brake dust im getting.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Many have brake problems, but there are also many that don't. You hear from only those who have problems. I have over 20K miles on my Armada with no hint of brake problems.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Would getting ceramic brake pads decrease the amount of brake dust? Will it also provide better braking with ceramic pads?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The ceramic pads will reduce the dust by about 80%. I don't think you will see a lot of difference in braking, except the ceramic will work better in wet conditions, and stand up better in severe use.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I just put ceramics on my pontiac and they are awesome! I can't wait to put them on the Armada, and honestly I don't think I'll ever buy anything but ceramic.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
04 models n problems

Everyone certainly does not have problems with the 04's. I had an se that I towed a 6000 lb boat with and never had a single problem. The forum posts make it seem like the vehicle is a lemon...maybe a few are; but certainly not all of them. I loved mine and it never let me down. Someone else on the board pointed out that people with problems are more likely to complain....and so that's what you hear. The majority with no complaints are generally silent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts