Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

I have an 05 Armada SE I bought new back then... ok the last couple of years when it is summer time and hot, when I use key fob you can hear the locks trying to unlock but they don’t.
It only does it when it’s hot never when it is cold out.

I found on the Internet that they said it was the relay. I bought the door lock relay. But I cannot find any information on where it is located.

Can anybody assist me on where it is located so I can change it.

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
are you mechanically inclined?

and who is "they" who told you it was a "relay"?

the BCM controls the lock /unlock state of the doors. they are electrically connected.

do all the doors unlock or just one or none when this issue occurs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you mechanically inclined?

and who is "they" who told you it was a "relay"?

the BCM controls the lock /unlock state of the doors. they are electrically connected.

do all the doors unlock or just one or none when this issue occurs?
mot was some other like this one.... all 4 of the doors do it. I have to use the key to physically open the driver door then physically/manually open the other doors lock levers. They won’t re-lock when the lock button is pushed. They will operate after the A/C cools the interior enough.
I did find the BCM one yesterday when I had the driver side panel under the steering wheel off. So that is the one I should replace then(had the panel off because I took off steering wheel shroud off to replace the headlight/signal stick because I added the fog lights to the vehicle and it needed the one with the fog lights switch...) If so I saw where it is and I can access the bottom retaining clip but the one I can’t bend my hand enough...looks like I would have to disassemble the dash a little further...

mot was some other like this one.... all 4 of the doors do it. I have to use the key to physically open the driver door then physically/manually open the other doors lock levers. They won’t re-lock when the lock button is pushed. They will operate after the A/C cools the interior enough.
I did find the BCM one yesterday when I had the driver side panel under the steering wheel off. So that is the one I should replace then(had the panel off because I took off steering wheel shroud off to replace the headlight/signal stick because I added the fog lights to the vehicle and it needed the one with the fog lights switch...) If so I saw where it is and I can access the bottom retaining clip but the one I can’t bend my hand enough...looks like I would have to disassemble the dash a little further...
Sorry it was to start off with-it was another forum such as this one and a couple of the guys said they were mechanics...

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
In case you don't have it, attached here is the FSM for the body,lock, and security system for your 05. this is the same FSM the nissan techs use.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts