Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you guys convinced me. I am going to get an Armada today. This is where I am with the dealer:

It is an SE 4x2 with not very many options. Per Edmunds, matching up all of the options, the dealer invoice is $32,450. I can get it for $32,753 plus fees less the $1,500 rebate. So the dealer is making $303 plus the holdback. The kicker is the warranty that I feel like I have to get, the cost is $2,840 (6 yr 100,000 mile Nissan factory warranty) for this. Given the rotten experiences I had with my 99 Expedition and an aftermarket warranty company, I won't be able to sleep at night without knowing I am protected.

Is this a pretty decent deal, or should I dig in my heels? Thanks, guys.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Keep haggling

I got the 7 yr/100,000 mile Gold Plus warranty. The only thing I have to pay for is stuff that no dealer warranty will cover: tires, gas, oil changes, brakes (once I finally get the brake fix done). They will even get me a hotel room and pay for food, etc if the truck breaks down on a road trip. I paid $1700 for it. I would say keep negotiating.........

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
You should be able to get at least invoice or below- I would dig in those heels.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Listen to mr mcloon and get in em' 05 LE fullyloaded tol warranty taxtittags 33000 dig in em'

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Extended Warranty

That warranty sounds high - I know Nissan will say they know their warranty and things may get done faster - not sure if this is true. I bought the 6 year 100K warranty from my credit union and paid just under $1300. It is supposed to be supurb - I guess I will just wait and see. I just think that ~$3K is pretty high but if it gives you pc of mind you should do it - but try for the LE then!!!!
Good luck!!
RA

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I just bought my '05 a few weeks ago.....4X4 but the rest the same. $200 below invoice and got a 5 year 100,000 warranty for $1499.00 plus tax!!! I think the warranty price is too high!!! Keep hitting them up!!

Rodney

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Often dealers will play a shell game. I sold cars for a few years and learned all the tricks. They taught us to figure out what was most important to a client (payment, trade in value, rate, etc.) and then slide the values around to make the deal seem sweeter than it is. For instance, if someone is really interested in getting a lot for their trade, we would discount the truck and then add the discount back in to the trade value to make it appear more than it is. Sounds like they're doing that to you on the warranty.

I had to quit because I couldn't play the game and unfortunately as a salesperson you can't make money if you can't hold something back. No biggie though- it was just a job during college. The dealer will never sell you the vehicle if they don't get something out of it, (and they should) but the best you can hope for is a fair deal.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Warranty Price to high!!!

I just bought a 2005 and got the Nissan Gold 0 deduc 5 yr 100,000 miles warranty and paid $1695 for it and got the vehicle at Invoice with no trade.

I would work them some more on that Warranty price.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
$400 under edmunds/factory invoice, took 2% financing over rebate for an in-stock Armada LE. Also included $150 certificate for parts and service. That was basically a no-haggle price. Had them throw in free service rentals ($90). I would hold out for invoice or less and best price you can negotiate on extended service. I know it is almost impossible to hold out once you feel like you are at a decent price though! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
jusrlax said:
Well, you guys convinced me. I am going to get an Armada today. This is where I am with the dealer:

It is an SE 4x2 with not very many options. Per Edmunds, matching up all of the options, the dealer invoice is $32,450. I can get it for $32,753 plus fees less the $1,500 rebate. So the dealer is making $303 plus the holdback. The kicker is the warranty that I feel like I have to get, the cost is $2,840 (6 yr 100,000 mile Nissan factory warranty) for this. Given the rotten experiences I had with my 99 Expedition and an aftermarket warranty company, I won't be able to sleep at night without knowing I am protected.

Is this a pretty decent deal, or should I dig in my heels? Thanks, guys.
I don't think it is necessary to buy an extended warranty, unless you are buying an unreliable vehicle. But why would you want to buy an unreliable vehicle the first place. The manufacturer's basic warranty is adequate. This is where the manufacturer makes money, the extended warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts