Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought an 05 Armada!!!

I just purchased an 05 Armada SE 4x4 with leather package. On my way back to home, I rolled down both rear windows at freeway speed and there were lot of resonance noise. Has enyone else experienced the same issue? Is that a problem that need to be fixed or it is just the way it is? Another thing that I noticed it does not have fuel locking door. Why would they not install such basic safety device? I have read some mebers of this site use 87 fuel but reading the manual just confused me. It talks about 87 AKI (91 RON). Is it simply 87 octane? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
changezi said:
I just purchased an 05 Armada SE 4x4 with leather package. On my way back to home, I rolled down both rear windows at freeway speed and there were lot of resonance noise. Has enyone else experienced the same issue? Is that a problem that need to be fixed or it is just the way it is? Another thing that I noticed it does not have fuel locking door. Why would they not install such basic safety device? I have read some mebers of this site use 87 fuel but reading the manual just confused me. It talks about 87 AKI (91 RON). Is it simply 87 octane? thanks
All large vehicles will get the resonance with the rear window down and highway speed, it's normal. What is not normal when you get a similiar sound with the windows up, its more the feeling than the sound.
Who knows why no locking gas cap. I don't know if any of their vehicles come with it. I know my Xterra didn't have it either.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
As for the locking gas tank, I was a bit dissapointed myself. Neither the Armada nor the Titan come with this feature, yet all Nissans ranging back to (as far as I know) 1990 have a locking tank. I guess since no other full-sizer has one, so Nissan didn't feel that it was necessary for competition.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. One more thing. Do you guys use 87 octane or some higher fuel grade?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
87 is what it uses. The Infiniti uses 93 because the computer is set up for it. Funny thing I heard is that the computer is intelligent enough to set itself for a different octane rating which should give you the same HP rating as the Infiniti if you use super. Don't know if that's the case but I think it is. The computer advances the timing to just below knocking. With higher octane, it can go further, getting more power.

I have the LE. The rear window open up power. If you open these, it will often kill the resonance. Try opening the rear windows a bit or the sunroof to kill some resonance. ;)

My G35 has a locking cap that will only allow the door to open if the car is unlocked. Haven't had to put gas in the Armada yet. Still working on the original tank. :p

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Booming with rear window open

I don't know if it is normal to have booming when rear windows are open but in addition to my Armada, My Lexus LS430, ML320, Honda Accord all do the same exact thing.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Me Too

My 1ton Chevy Crewcab boomed also. I am going to try the rear quarter window thing next chance I get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts