Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, has anybody had this problem? When I begin braking (like coming upon a traffic light) my steering wheel shakes like I am driving over a ruff dirt road or something. I mean I can literally let go of the wheel and it shakes from side to side while stopping. Any info?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
This is the infamous brake "judder". It has been discussed more than any other topic on the forums. Take it to your dealer for the fix.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The redesigned rotors are just now becoming available to the dealers. They normally won't install the new setup until they turn your rotors 2 or 3 times. They will replace rotors with the old style until they are all gone. I don't know if the Armadas coming off the line now have the new rotors or not; they will probably use the old ones until the supply is exhausted.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I have an 05 with 6000 miles, and think I am starting to feel the judder ! Not bad enough yet to go to the dealer, but I guess eventually I will............

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
My Armada was supposed to be coming off the shipping truck last Friday. It's still not here. What are the chances of me getting the dealer to fix the brakes before I hand over the cash for the truck?

What should I look for if he tries to tell me that my brakes aren't affected?

I'd like to take care of this up front instead of going home and waiting for the bomb to drop, shimmy and shake.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Good luck. If he doesn't have the new parts in stock, there's no way. Furthermore I doubt they would "fix" anything that isn't broken. The good news is the parts are out now and should be at full availability in the next month, so you won't have to deal with it long, if at all.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
New TSB Deals w/ This

You are not alone. A New TSB to address this has just come out & I was one of the 1st customers to have it done in my area. Seems to be working well, but have them readjust (tighten) the E-brake following the TSB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts