Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, has anybody had this problem? When I begin braking (like coming upon a traffic light) my steering wheel shakes like I am driving over a ruff dirt road or something. I mean I can literally let go of the wheel and it shakes from side to side while stopping. Any info?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
PACMANEJ said:
Hello everyone, has anybody had this problem? When I begin braking (like coming upon a traffic light) my steering wheel shakes like I am driving over a ruff dirt road or something. I mean I can literally let go of the wheel and it shakes from side to side while stopping. Any info?
Its the brake judder. You need to head to the dealership and have them do the brake fix. There is a TSB out on it.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Big brakes

I am the owner of an 04 that I bought this year. I went in with full knowledge of the brake problem but I heard it was fixed in 05 (i.e an 04 factory recall / upgrade would soon arrive). Now that I see the fix is marginal at best I am thinking more about plan B.

I traded in a 2001 fontier S/C for this truck and I know Nissan brakes leave a lot to be desired. So in the back of my mind from the start I have been thinking about installing some sort of big brake kit. Problem is most of them are made to work with 20+" wheels. I really like Stop Tech but again you need 20" or larger. I wonder if we all email them can we encourage them to come up with a big brake kit that fits the stock 18's. I already sent them a few emails pleading them to develope one. They answered me saying there were no plans to do this. When you get a chance email them at [email protected]. Let them know that it appears all Armada's and Titans on the road suffer from this problem and Nissan so far has not come up with a decent fix. I would gladly pay 1500.00 to bypass all the dealer hassles (turn the rotors three times before being considered for the fix which is marginal at best, the time wasted alone going to the dealer is more than the cost of the brake kit), and the benifit would be a much more competent vehicle on the road. Who is with me?

Chrisarmada
04 smoke SE

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Most common complaint. Most madas will need this fix. Bring it to the dealer for free upgrade.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
HEY TRIPLE BLACK!
I've noticed that you have some COOL TOYS! Are you RICH!?
Just kidding....I wish I could have all those! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts