Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. Does anyone with an '05 have vibration problems with their DVD Monitor Housing?

This is driving me nuts. The vibration actually extends into the sunroof area. And, of course, the dealer says the vibration issue was fixed, but the kids would go loopy trying to watch a DVD with all the vibration.

:crikey:

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
blkjack said:
Please help. Does anyone with an '05 have vibration problems with their DVD Monitor Housing?

This is driving me nuts. The vibration actually extends into the sunroof area. And, of course, the dealer says the vibration issue was fixed, but the kids would go loopy trying to watch a DVD with all the vibration.

:crikey:

Thanks...
someone had the same problem, and installed a bracket,

check this link

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193&highlight=bracket

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Do you have the factory DVD? If so you should have the bracket if not then you won't have the support bracket. You might have to pay to get it. If nothing else offer to buy the bracket for $100 if they install it for you. If that don't work buy it from Jerseyparts or Mossy and do it yourself or find a body shop to do it for you.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
llajumpvid said:
Do you have the factory DVD? If so you should have the bracket if not then you won't have the support bracket. You might have to pay to get it. If nothing else offer to buy the bracket for $100 if they install it for you. If that don't work buy it from Jerseyparts or Mossy and do it yourself or find a body shop to do it for you.
Thanks.. I'm taking it in today for an oil change. I'm going to talk to them about this. They keep on insisting they are right, but they were wrong about my brakes also.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I had the same prob. Some else here posted a good tip: They said the over head console brackets were not propely snapped into place by the factory. They suggested pushing up on the corners of the console with significant force until you hear then snap in. I think it worked. I found the best way to apply enough force evenly was to lean over, put the back of my shoulder under each corner and slowly press upward using my legs. There was an audible snap. I don't have many miles post fix, but during the few I have driven since, it seems to have greatly reduced the vibration, rattles and squeaks.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
picture of overhead bracket for dvd monitor

does anyone have a picture of the bracket that is suppose to stop the shaking in the dvd monitor, the nissan parts department says mine was already installed. I don't believe them so I would like to see what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Hi all,

sorry to bring this post back from the dead. The problem i'm having in my factory installed 05 QX is if I flip the DVD screen all the way forward (angled downward towards the seats), over time as I'm driving it'll make it's way back to a 90 degree angle which kills the viewing angle for my son.

The dealer said it is just wear over time and the only thing they could do was to basically replace it with a brand new one. They said the Infiniti Elite extended warranty does not cover it unless it is "broken." They compared it to a newer QX and said nothing was broken or out of place. Has anyone found a solution to this by tightening anything up?

It has held it's position tight for the past 30k miles.

thanks

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Got a hammer?... Break it!

If you don't want to do that do what the Great Red Green would do... tie a bungee cord from the bottom of the screen to the front console!

:D

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
ebay

my suggestion is you could buy one from ebay. The frame holder on the Nissan quest are the same. The gray interior on my armada was the exact same color too. My car wasn't equipped with the dvd package so i installed a aftermarket screen with the holder i got from ebay. You could get one with the screen for like 25 bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.