Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here,

Since I am new and am not familar with the pros or cons, should I get an 05 or an 06? Of course I can save some money with an 05, but I do not want to have problems with the vehicle. Dealer of course says there is no difference between the 05 and 06, and I have seen 2 buy backs sitting in dealer lots that were 04 models with brake problems. I am looking at a le 2wd.
Thanks.
Terry

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
'06 has power folding mirrors, signal lights (LE only), 60/40 split folding 3rd row (that's nice) new colours have been added and hopefully all the rattles and problems are fixed. Get a '06 if the price isn't too much from the '05 and if you don't care about those extra features added in the '06

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
If you are looking for some specific features/options and color, 05 is hard to come by since there are not a lot left. If you are pretty flexible, then you could get a really good deal on 05 model.

If you could 06, I would say go for it. :)

Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Don't think you have to worry about problems with the 05. It's the 04 that has MAJOR problems. Well, I guess there are some members that had SOME problems with their 05's, BUT I think it depends WHEN that 05 model was made. Mine is FINE (hope I didn't jinx myself!) ;)

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Changes with the tides

I think it has more to do with your karma or just plain "luck of the draw". I have an 04 that zero brake trouble, no rattles and no cabin boom. My truck hardly ever leaves the driveway without a trailer(sometimes +8k lbs!) behind it so you would think the brake problem would have shown up by now. Plus we tow/drive on very rough roads most of the time, but no rattle issues. My previous TV; a Chevy 1t CrewCab had cabin boom but our Armada does not. Just do an extended test drive in the actual truck you are buying, I don't think it matters what year you buy just get the best price you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts