Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the rearview camera mounted at?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
In the tailgate next to the doorhandle.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll have to look next trip to the dealership. Does it look like something that could be put on an 04? If not too inconveient could you post a photo by chance? Not a big deal, I hope to be into the dealership soon (once all the parts ordered finally come in).

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Don't have a photo. Looks like a small black circle. The rear hatch handle has 3 sections: One for window, one for door, and one for the lens. You'd have to install a new handle or drill, I don't know. The view is good though as I can even see my ball hitch on camera.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Yeah -- that's one thing I seriously want on my '04. Would eliminate me arguing with my wife as she attempts to guide me on my boat trailer hitch....

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After reading your post I went and looked at my tailgate and I think I know where it's at. It's in a logical place and should be easy to add. I have my NAV Switcher in to get the rear camera option added and will be hopefully putting in a camera in a few weeks. I bought a license plate camera that isn't going to work...so I need to decide if I want to take it apart for the camera and how to mount the camera or try and sell it on ebay for close to what I paid and get a bullet camera and cut a hole in the tailgate.???

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I was thinking about getting a rear camera.. what alters the use of a license plate mounted camera? just a bad POV on the Armada? I'd love to be able to see my hitch ball while backing up, make life a little easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts