Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Nissan Armada Le 2 wheel drive thinking about buying the strutmaster conversion kit I want to get away from the air ride it is $419 does anybody recommend anything different that might be cheaper or is this a good way to go if anybody has used us before it would be helpful

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Replacing the air shocks is not neccesarily cheaper...if you eliminate the air shocks, you also have to replace the springs. Read the forums, a lot of us here have done this. Bilstien shocks are the most recomended.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I have a 06 Nissan Armada Le 2 wheel drive thinking about buying the strutmaster conversion kit I want to get away from the air ride it is $419 does anybody recommend anything different that might be cheaper or is this a good way to go if anybody has used us before it would be helpful
My 2005 LE 4x4 had the Strutmasters conversion done on the front/rear. I'm not sure how many miles the conversion had on it when I bought it (I'm the 3rd owner). I liked the way the conversion springs provided a noticeable lift compared to a stock coil spring Armada. Also, by the time I bought the truck I decided to swap in new shocks all around, so the fronts were replaced with Bilstein 5100s and the rears got Rancho 9000s. The front Bilsteins seem to be pretty good, but I could never find an adjustability setting for the rear shocks that paired well with the front. I decided over the weekend to buy new Bilsteins for the rear, so I hope that smooths out the ride, as there's nothing physically wrong with the Ranchos.

As for a different option, I noticed that on the website I bought my new rears shocks from they offered an air suspension swap kit:

#1 Shocks and Struts Superstore - Shockwarehouse.com

(scroll to the bottom for the kits)

·
Registered
3 Posts
250,000 on my 04 and driving around for years with a stiff and terrible ride. I also just converted the rear of my 04 with Moog coils 81085 and Bilstein 24-276801 4600.
I bought those thru Summit Racing. I found that to be a better price that Strutmaster $290 vs $460
What a difference! Sits much higher and very noticeable improvement in the smoothness of the ride. Highly recommend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts