Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just picked it up yesterday and love it. I would like to know if anyone has put a sub in an 06 yet and where you placed it as well as amp locations. I am not looking for a "rattle you teeth" set up, I just want to see what my options are. Keeping components hidden is what would be ideal. I will be replacing the factory unit in the near future as well. I have the basic 6 disc head unit. Any info is greatly appreciated.

"I will never buy a Dodge again"

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
There has been a couple of guys who installed the JL Audio stealthbox with one 10" woofer in the rear quarter panel. Its pricey around $600.

I saw another put a custom enclosure in. I have a pic attached of the one I want.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Do this:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1516

The space they are talking about is the deck of the rear cargo area. Under the matt(if you got the matt) the floor lifts up and you can easily put a pair of amps there. ;)

BTW, you can do this, I can't. I have the LE and have the power rear tailgate. The box interferes with it. I'm going to find if it would be possible to modify it to fit. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
How do you like the Soundstream amp? I used to install those years ago but before they made the "artist" series stuff.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
LOVE it. It's very clean sounding. The MB Quarts sound very nice too. The tweets are stout, I had to back them down a bit between 8k-12k on my eq settings.

I have the Van Gogh model- got it for an excellent price and it makes plenty of power for my SQ system. The downfire box sounds excellent as well- very clean bass.

I love my head unit, but it's starting to show it's age. (Premier DEH-P930) I'm thinking of pulling it and getting something new. I want to keep the same control as the Premier though, so I need something with at least 13 band eq, custom delay times so I can adjust the soundstage, etc. How are those Excelon units for audio?

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
I don't know. No exposure to those. I'd check with the sounddomain guys on that. Personally, I'm thinking of going with a JL Audio sub, either JL or Zapco amps, Focal Utopias for the mids and tweets. Haven't decided on a head unit yet. I was going to steal the changer from the vette. Its a Nakamichi. But I think I'll get maybe a nice Eclypse or Alpine instead. ;)

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
ockevin said:
There has been a couple of guys who installed the JL Audio stealthbox with one 10" woofer in the rear quarter panel. Its pricey around $600.

I saw another put a custom enclosure in. I have a pic attached of the one I want.
Got any info on that custom one you posted pics for? Do you know what equipment was used and what shop did that setup? Becasue that sh!t is NICE!!

ME WANT! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.