Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm a long-time lurker on this site... I finally went for it and "got" my 2006 Pathy LE 4x4 yesterday. Well, I haven't gotten it yet, and the suspense is KILLING me. It's supposed to be delivered to my office today... and here it is, 2:15. I wanted an Avalanche/Granite LE 4x4 with everything BUT the Mobile Entertainment Package. But there weren't any in So Cal... I decided to settle with a fully loaded one, and got it for $36,500... I'm pretty stoked, though nervous as I got it sight unseen!

I had been researching SUVs for a few years, and was going for the VW Touareg, but decided against it (I've only had VW's and Audi's my whole life). After checking out both the Armada and the Pathy, I figured I'd get Pathy with the same "bang" for $15K less bucks ;) The Armada wouldn't fit in my garage :( I wish there was more towing capacity, but 6K should be good for my little track car...

I'll post pics after I get the clear bra installed tomorrow!!!

Nice to meet you all... looking forward to learning more about you and our trucks!!!

~Jonelle
"GTi Girl"

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
GTiGirl said:
Hello all,

I'm a long-time lurker on this site... I finally went for it and "got" my 2006 Pathy LE 4x4 yesterday. Well, I haven't gotten it yet, and the suspense is KILLING me. It's supposed to be delivered to my office today... and here it is, 2:15. I wanted an Avalanche/Granite LE 4x4 with everything BUT the Mobile Entertainment Package. But there weren't any in So Cal... I decided to settle with a fully loaded one, and got it for $36,500... I'm pretty stoked, though nervous as I got it sight unseen!

I had been researching SUVs for a few years, and was going for the VW Touareg, but decided against it (I've only had VW's and Audi's my whole life). After checking out both the Armada and the Pathy, I figured I'd get Pathy with the same "bang" for $15K less bucks ;) The Armada wouldn't fit in my garage :( I wish there was more towing capacity, but 6K should be good for my little track car...

I'll post pics after I get the clear bra installed tomorrow!!!

Nice to meet you all... looking forward to learning more about you and our trucks!!!

~Jonelle
"GTi Girl"
Unless you got the Armada with the tow package, it's only rated to tow 6500 lbs/650 lbs tongue as did my previous none Big Tow 4X4 Crew Cab Titan. By skipping the big brother, you may have avoided troubles that plagued it along with the Titan. I had so many, I ditched my Titan for the Pathfinder.

Good luck, you'll love it. This so far, is my favorite vehicle. It's not had any real new car problems. Seems they all have them, some overlook them as they're not bothered, I like perfection.:) Even my previous Best Vehicle, the 2000 Xterra had a few more minor cosmetic problems.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike Up said:
Unless you got the Armada with the tow package, it's only rated to tow 6500 lbs/650 lbs tongue as did my previous none Big Tow 4X4 Crew Cab Titan. By skipping the big brother, you may have avoided troubles that plagued it along with the Titan. I had so many, I ditched my Titan for the Pathfinder.

Good luck, you love it. This so far, is my favorite vehicle. It's not had any real new car problems. Seems they all have them, some overlook them as they're not bothered, I like perfection.:) Even my previous Best Vehicle, the 2000 Xterra had a few more minor cosmetic problems.

Have a good one.
Well, I pretty much love it already. This is the first vehicle I've ever driven that wasn't dropped on the ground (my last car - 2002 Audi A4 - was dropped 3" on 19" wheels). So, it's definitely a new experience seeing the road and going over speed bumps straight. However, the Navi doesn't work :( It didn't work before, and I opted to take delivery and have it fixed this or next week. Hopefully that'll go over easily. I've already gotten the whole front end covered in 3M Clear Bra, and I have the T-Rex 4 pc billet grilles in the cargo area waiting for install (also this or next week).

I will be using it to tow our track car, which is a light ~1900 lb. VW. I should not have a problem, but I really want a trailer with an electronic brake controller. Then I'll have to get all that set up as well. That won't be till this summer though. Hopefully I'll have my 22s in April :)

I took pics on Sunday, hopefully I'll get them posted tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Jonelle

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
When your ready to setup your Pathy for towing, here's another post I made to someone else that may help.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics!!!

So here are some pics from last Sunday. I had just gotten the 3M Clear Bra applied the day before, so I brought the truck out for some sun...

I'll post more pics once I get the grilles installed!!!

~Jonelle

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
GTiGirl said:
I had just gotten the 3M Clear Bra
~Jonelle
Your wardrobe sounds pretty darn interesting. :teeth: :2cool:

BUT, you do have a great lookin' truck. :D :D

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike Up said:
Your wardrobe sounds pretty darn interesting. :teeth: :2cool:

BUT, you do have a great lookin' truck. :D :D

Have a good one.
Hahahaha... that's funny, I didn't even realize I had written that.

Thanks on the compliments. Hopefully I'll have some mods soon...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.