Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new 06 Galaxy Armada LE 4 x 4 w/ Technology package w/ Sirius, and DVD. The only other options are the usual, mats, net, cargo tray stuff. What is a good price. One dealer quoted 42,700 and CarsDirect.com quoted 42,100 . Both prices are with delivery and after the 2000 rebate. Of course I will have tax, reg. etc on top of that.

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
F350Lawman said:
Looking to buy a new 06 Galaxy Armada LE 4 x 4 w/ Technology package w/ Sirius, and DVD. The only other options are the usual, mats, net, cargo tray stuff. What is a good price. One dealer quoted 42,700 and CarsDirect.com quoted 42,100 . Both prices are with delivery and after the 2000 rebate. Of course I will have tax, reg. etc on top of that.

Thanks
I paid $40,700 for the same thing, XM instead of Sirius, but without DVD. There was only a $1500 rebate at the time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Campfamily said:
I paid $40,700 for the same thing, XM instead of Sirius, but without DVD. There was only a $1500 rebate at the time.

Well figuring the DVD is 1400 but the rebate is now 2000, instead of the 1500 you received...you would have effectively paid 41,600 for the same car. That confirms what I thought, I am right about there. So afr I ahve done ZERO negotiating with any dealers. The one quote of 42,700 was just "off the cuff" from a dealer I stopped by a few weeks ago.

I like the way the another dealer's salesmen worked, so I will see what he can do compared to Cars Direct.

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37 Posts
Cars direct pricing is not a guarantee. They simply direct you to a dealer that has a vehicle, similiar to what you want. However, they have zero control over what the dealer will actually charge once you get in the door. The entire thing is a sham, if you are trying to get a real deal. If you're trying to get what everyone else is paying Carsdirect works fine, but dealers have to give them a comission, which decreases your chances of finding a good deal through them.

I've tried to purchase 4 cars through them and have been promised certain prices, only to show up at the dealership and have to negotiate as if carsdirect was not even involved.


Get the DVD if you can afford it, its an awesome system. You can monitor real time tire pressure, gas mileage, set driver preferences, such as how long you want the doors to stay unlocked....and the DVD navigation system is highly improved when compared to the last renovation of the DVD system which was in 2003 nissan models.

Nearly everyone who passes on the factory DVD ends up spending the same amount if not double just to get a system with similiar functions, not to mention the Navigation system allows for automatic dual zone climate control, and if you have satellite radio it shows the name of the song, the album, channel, and band. It's a great system unmatched by aftermarket units.

Plus, it's not a theft target. Theives know it cant be used for anything, unlike aftermarket systems so they move onto other cars with aftermarket units.

If you're getting an 06 LE 4x4 with DVD navigation and DVD entertainment for 42,700+tax you're getting a good deal. Just remember title on this car is no small bit of change, and if you dont have a trade, tax is going to be pretty high up there. Figure your out the door price, not who is charging less for the actual vehicle. You have document fees, etc to take into account.

A dealer could etch the windows of your car for $300, charge a $400.00 document fee and all of the sudden you're paying $44,000.00 for the truck. So figure out your "out the door" price, and compare between dealers using this figure.

My two cents,
Eric
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
You should never pay documentation fees or window etching or any other scam the dealer adds on after the deal is negotiated. Tell the dealer up front that you know these items are BS and are nothing more than ways for the dealer to increase the profit. Tell the dealer you are comparing and negotiating a fixed price. He can then back into that figure when he writes up the deal if he insists on listing these other items on the contract. (The dealer usually will say that they are required to charge a Doc fee because it may be registered with the state.) Stick to your guns. The Doc fee is nothing more than dealer profit. Make him back into it. You don't charge the dealer for balancing your checkbook, so he shouldn't charge you for his administrative function. This is even more true if it is a cash deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
rich1fried said:
You should never pay documentation fees or window etching or any other scam the dealer adds on after the deal is negotiated. Tell the dealer up front that you know these items are BS and are nothing more than ways for the dealer to increase the profit. Tell the dealer you are comparing and negotiating a fixed price. He can then back into that figure when he writes up the deal if he insists on listing these other items on the contract. (The dealer usually will say that they are required to charge a Doc fee because it may be registered with the state.) Stick to your guns. The Doc fee is nothing more than dealer profit. Make him back into it. You don't charge the dealer for balancing your checkbook, so he shouldn't charge you for his administrative function. This is even more true if it is a cash deal.
I went to the dealer and the deal is basically 42,500 + tax, title and their $45 dealer fee(I'm not goign to argue over $45, NY State allows up to $50). It may go up or down by $100 dollars depending on which vehicle I take. They didn't have the color I wanted so he showed me a list of about 20 Armadas at other dealers. The variation in price is minor options like cargo net, cargo area liner that were on the listed vehicles.

The sticking point was my trade in value. I sell it on my own or go to a conversion van dealer and see if they will buy it. Being a Nissan dealer they aren't thrilled with the prospect of selling my full size conversion van. They are basically offering me what they will end up dumping at the auction. I work in the industry, and based on that scenario, their offer was OK. I think a conversion van dealer may do better because they can sell it to a buyer who can't afford a new model.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
F350Lawman said:
I went to the dealer and the deal is basically 42,500 + tax, title and their $45 dealer fee(I'm not goign to argue over $45, NY State allows up to $50). It may go up or down by $100 dollars depending on which vehicle I take. They didn't have the color I wanted so he showed me a list of about 20 Armadas at other dealers. The variation in price is minor options like cargo net, cargo area liner that were on the listed vehicles.

The sticking point was my trade in value. I sell it on my own or go to a conversion van dealer and see if they will buy it. Being a Nissan dealer they aren't thrilled with the prospect of selling my full size conversion van. They are basically offering me what they will end up dumping at the auction. I work in the industry, and based on that scenario, their offer was OK. I think a conversion van dealer may do better because they can sell it to a buyer who can't afford a new model.
Is 42.5 before or after rebate?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22 Posts
F350Lawman said:
After. Am I wrong to assume we are all quoting our prices after rebate??? That seems to be standard practice in the industry, at least in every ad I see.
I went 2000 below Invoice. I actually had a D plan pin which was about 500 under invoice, then i got the 2000 rebate. And since i Live in Oregon, no sales tax, so my out the door cost was 41,800. No sales tax rules.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm Rick James Bitch said:
I went 2000 below Invoice. I actually had a D plan pin which was about 500 under invoice, then i got the 2000 rebate. And since i Live in Oregon, no sales tax, so my out the door cost was 41,800. No sales tax rules.
With the rebate I am at about 1500 below invoice I would say (give or take a few $$). I feel I may be able to do slightly better we'll see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22 Posts
F350Lawman said:
With the rebate I am at about 1500 below invoice I would say (give or take a few $$). I feel I may be able to do slightly better we'll see.
Hey f350lawman, are you on thedieselstop.com as well? I am Diesel F350 over there. Your name looks very familiar. I have a 2000 F350 crew cab long bed Diesel.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
F350Lawman said:
With the rebate I am at about 1500 below invoice I would say (give or take a few $$). I feel I may be able to do slightly better we'll see.
Hey, Rick James, that is me on DieselStop!!! I have been there for 5 years. I have to go and look at DiselStop more often, I sort of got away from it when I got on the tractor forums while shopping for my diesel tractor. I use the F350Lawman on about 10 different boards, from guns to politics to tractors, etc. it makes it easy to keep track of. Glad to meet you...again.

Went to another dealer and did $500 better 41,995 plus tax, title and $45. If they buy my trade-in, I will make the deal on Friday. I don't think I can do better. The only lower quote I ever saw was Carmax, and they are in the MD/DC area and not worth a $300 savings.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top