Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... great site here with alot of good information.

I sold my 2001 Acura CLS and just purchased an 06 (2-06 build date) LE and everything seemed perfect, however, I noticed a thunk and shutter going into 3rd gear. I have searched the site and nothing has come up realitive to a 3rd gear issue in the tranny. I ask the dumb question "does this seem normal" for you seasoned mada owners?

thoughts or feelings? I have an appointment with the dealer on Thursday but I know they are gonna find some excuses for it.

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
That doesn't seem normal. My transmission is smooth on all shifts.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agreed.

all the other gears seem to shift so damn smooth then after it warms up some (looking at the transmission temp gauge) I get the shutter engaging into 3rd only.

I'll keep everyone posted after Thursday.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Yes, it's normal and has been discussed to death at www.titantalk.com . Not sure it's a design defect but it's happening on a lot of the Titan's Transmissions. What's weird is supposedly my Pathy uses the same trans. but it doesn't do it.

Read about it here.

Just some more of the odd behaviors of the questionable vehicle I had. Not really a defect but a strange behavior none the less. Don't have it any more because of all it's design problems and reliability issues.

Have a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.