Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 QX56. I know we have the the exhaust manifold issues. My question is can I just swap in jba long tube headers and do a bypass of some sorts so that there is no cel or do I need the b pipe as well? If there’s a topic on this already please link it and I apologize if it’s a repeat question. I just need to pass inspection and not really do anything else as my dad and I use it as a work truck mostly so no need for insane power gains I just want a simple manifold swap and avoid and cel so inspections easy. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
What state are you in? Really depends on your inspection requirements.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m in Western New York. The code I’ve been getting is a P0420. I’m not trying to put much money into it and I believe I saw a post about headers but cutting off the cats and welding them on the new. Wanted to avoid all that and I believe from what I read that jba long head headers are a perfect swap but people also replace the b pipe. I wasn’t sure if that was needed as a bypass and or if I just need a tune for the codes. I have a friend who can pass me inspection however not much he can do with the codes on. He said I could only pass with 1 not ready and I can’t get that done unless I fix my manifold

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
There's no cheap way out of your issue. Going with OEM or an aftermarket solution will be in the same $$ ballpark.

OEM solution will be a bit more expensive and you have the risk of the same issue occurring again down the road.
They say they've redesigned the OEM manifolds... but time will tell if they nailed it or not.

Regrading the tune and "power gains" - If you go with long tubes, you need the tune to keep from running rich or lean and burning out the cats. So it's not necessarily for the power gain, but that is a bonus byproduct.

You could contact Jeff Nash at Cajun to see what the cheapest solution would be to your issue if you want to go the aftermarket route.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's no cheap way out of your issue. Going with OEM or an aftermarket solution will be in the same $$ ballpark.

OEM solution will be a bit more expensive and you have the risk of the same issue occurring again down the road.
They say they've redesigned the OEM manifolds... but time will tell if they nailed it or not.

Regrading the tune and "power gains" - If you go with long tubes, you need the tune to keep from running rich or lean and burning out the cats. So it's not necessarily for the power gain, but that is a bonus byproduct.

You could contact Jeff Nash at Cajun to see what the cheapest solution would be to your issue if you want to go the aftermarket routen.
I’ll hit him up. I’m most likely going with the aftermarket long tubes and a tune but how would I go about no cel Nd bypassing the O2 or is that what the tune is for? That was the only concern I had with regards to passing inspection. Appreciate the feedback though and I’ll contact Canjun as well thank you

·
Vendor
194 Posts
I’ll hit him up. I’m most likely going with the aftermarket long tubes and a tune but how would I go about no cel Nd bypassing the O2 or is that what the tune is for? That was the only concern I had with regards to passing inspection. Appreciate the feedback though and I’ll contact Canjun as well thank you
If you have emissions testing required then you will need a set of our heavy metal catted b pipes to go with the headers. The tune is to make sure the truck is running correctly with the new free flowing exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts