Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in desperate need of some help/advise.

I currently have a 08 Armada SE, I recently have had some transmission codes come up which are P0735, P0735, and P0717. I know as much as the P0734 and 735 are gear ratio is off on 4th and 5th gear and P0717 is a input speed sensor code but I'm not a 100% sure what it all means. The reason I say that is because the shop I have the truck at is saying I need a new transmission but from what I have research that doesn't seem right. From my research it seems I may need the speed sensor replaced and maybe the solenoid or solenoids replaced also.

A little back history about a year ago the transmission cooler line was damaged while driving all the ATF came out. I had it towed to a local shop they said they replaced the entire cooler line and that the transmission was fine no damage. Come to find out the cooler line was never replaced in full the hose was just cut replaced and clamped down. And here I am now with a transmission that won't go past 40mph and these codes.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
What you need is a shop you can trust. It is 100% possible that you need a new tranny after running it out of fluid - transmissions are hydraulically operated with lots of tiny passages and sensors. But there is no way for us to tell from here. Only advice I can give is to take it to a tranny specialty shop, or a second one if that is where you are now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that was my next step looking into a transmission specialty shop in my area with good reviews. I think I've found one so that hopefully where it's headed this week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts