Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
Having an issue with my daughter's 08 Armada. Its got 99,066 miles. We're the original owners. It recently started making this crazy noise underneath when it goes down the street. It starts right off the bat. I also want to say that it starts when I turn right but I feel whatever it is underneath the floor board. I let go of the gas pedal, it seems to be held back, then goes and holds back again. Its a weird thing and my mechanic can't seem to diagnose it and suggested I drive it until whatever it is explodes and BAM there's the culprit! Anyone ever had a similar issue or have any suggestions? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Are you in 4WD?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Find a new mechanic. Do not continue to drive that. For your safety and your vehicles sake. If a CV or prop shaft really let's lose you're going to have a repair bill much larger than just fixing the problem as it stands.

Sounds like CV or one of the prop shafts. Likely a seized or totally failed u-joint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
U joints. Ask me how i know. Should not continue to drive like that or bigger damage may occurs. Want to make sure? Put some WD40 in the joints and the noise will go away for a couple of days. Please note this is not a fix and not a recommendation to fix. I do have a 2010 i use for towing my boat and have had to replace already 3 times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts