Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now had the 2005 Galaxy LE for 6months and 12,000 miles and wanted to pass on my impressions. My mods include chrome OEM wheels, Michelin Cross Terrain tires, and Borla dual cat back exhaust
system.

I think the chrome wheels really set of the truck and I still have a good ride.

I've posted before about the Michelins and I can't say enough good things about them. The ride is actually getting better as the miles pile up. Perfectly smooth quiet ride with good handling.

The Borla exhaust has been my biggest surprise. I actually got it for the good sound without the drone as reported by others here. What I didn't expect was the increase in power and response.

Before the exhaust, the truck felt like it was straining or being held back when you stood on it. Hard to explain. Now when I get on it whether from a stand still or to pass, it leaps. No more out of breath feeling plus it sounds good.

This is a big truck, but is the most responsive vehicle I own.

I've had the usual brake glitches, but have since had the permanant fix done and there is a world of difference in the brake feel. The brake dust has all but disappeared as well.

Thes vehicle has more features engineered into that you actually USE than any vehicle I own. All in all I think Nissan did a great job with this truck and I have no major complaints.

Allen Freeman

05 VW Phaeton
05 VWJetta
05 Nissan Armada
04 BMW 645ci Conv.

· Premium Member
148 Posts
Nice rides

I echo your sentiments. I shopped around before I got my truck and chose the armada because of its interior room and power, neither have dissapointed.

You have quite a fleet of vehicles. How is the phaeton????? I've sat in one before, they are huge. I used to have a 88 M6 that I just sold a couple of months ago (couldnt do the mx on that and mod the armada at the same time). I didnt like the new 645 at first but it is growing on me, the shape of the old 6 series was just classic to me.

· Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Phaeton is a piece of work. I drove all mercedes until this year and was looking at either an S class or the 7 BMW when I remembered reading something about the Phaeton. I went and looked at one and it blew them away quality wise, finish wise, and interior dimension wise. It's been great so far and I've had a lot of prople come up in parking lots wanting to talk about it.

This one is a lease since no one knows what the car will be worth in 3 years and the lease rates are great. They've got a great Phaeton owners group with message board too.

I just traded in my wifes MB suv and her CLK conv. 2 weeks ago to get the 645. I've never had a BMW vehicle before, but it sure is fun to drive. We're going to the mountains this week end so I'll know more later. The IDrive makes you feel stupid, but everything else is great. What is cool though is that you can work around the IDrive buy giving it voice commands to change radio stations or play a cd as well as much more. I'm still learning.

Allen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.