Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12 Qx56 that randomly refuses to show the rear camera screen when the gear is in reverse. The reverse sensor seems to be operating fine but the camera screen would just go black. However this is randomly as sometimes it shows the screen with camera operating normally. Is there a way to diagnose/fix that?

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
do not know what you mean by "reverse sensor"? do you mean the sonar?

if you see the grid lines but no image, the camera itself is either faulty or the wiring going to it.

if the entire screen goes black , this is more a CCU or camera control issue. troubleshooting involves removing rear panel trim and removing the rear hatch door trim to access the camera and CCU.

did you just buy the car or have you had it a while and it just started? how many miles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So yeah the sonar works
The guided lines show up when the camera works.
The issue started a few months back.
180km on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
so if you just see a black screen with NO guidelines and NO video, its likely the CCU and/or wiring harness. again will have to remove panels to visually inspect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a wiring diagram I could use as a reference? Also anything specific I am looking for?

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
see attached.

are you mechanically/ electrically inclined? you will need to test continuity with the wiring harnesses and test the camera and CCU.

the factory service manual i attached is the exact service manual nissan/infiniti use so you can look at the troubleshooting steps to find out the best way to tackle it.

bear in mind this is for a 2014 so the color wiring may be different on your wiring harnesses.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts