Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post to this great forum.
My driver seat rocks longitudinally when stopping or under quick acceleration. Floor mount bolts are tight. Maybe some bushings? Any other members have this problem? Hoping some savvy Armada or QX driver can help with identifying the culprit parts and repair procedures. Your valued input will save me a lot of investigation time. Thanks much!

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
welcome.
there has been some talk of seat issues across this sub forum. maybe a worth a few minutes of your time to search the archives.

its possible the motor(s) and/or track may be damaged.

did you buy the car new? or did you buy it used? can you rock the seat with your hands (not sitting in the seat). if you move the seat to its extremes does it still wobble as you see it? is the wobble more or less depending on where the seat is on its track?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I know what you are experiencing. It is annoying but I've learned to live with it.

There is an adjustment screw/bolt etc. on the front/left of the seat behind the plastic trim. Requires a small torx type driver. You will likely break the trim trying to get to it. I did. My understanding is that you can tighten this screw/bolt to reduce the free play in the motor and/or screw assembly that moves the seat forward/backward. If you tighten it too much the seat won't move. When I say too much I mean very little. I found that if I tightened it just a little the seat wouldn't move. That wasn't an option. I finally got it to a point where the rocking was minimized but is not gone. I can't seem to hit that sweet spot and my back hurts from contorting myself to see everything so I just live with it.

Good luck and let us know if you get it resolved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what you are experiencing. It is annoying but I've learned to live with it.

There is an adjustment screw/bolt etc. on the front/left of the seat behind the plastic trim. Requires a small torx type driver. You will likely break the trim trying to get to it. I did. My understanding is that you can tighten this screw/bolt to reduce the free play in the motor and/or screw assembly that moves the seat forward/backward. If you tighten it too much the seat won't move. When I say too much I mean very little. I found that if I tightened it just a little the seat wouldn't move. That wasn't an option. I finally got it to a point where the rocking was minimized but is not gone. I can't seem to hit that sweet spot and my back hurts from contorting myself to see everything so I just live with it.

Good luck and let us know if you get it resolved.
Thank you sir! Very helpful tips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts