Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wanted to compare his 06 Ram Hemi to my 05 Armada SE as to whos was faster . we laughed about the whole thing till he had this serious look on his face as if he wanted to race or something . so i noticed the look and ask as a joke " wanna see what its got" he laughs and says his hemi would out run my heavy ass SUV . so to make a long story short we lined them up on the way home and i tell you what , the hemi couldnt beleive what had just happened . from a stop and a roll the armada had atleast 2 1/2 cars on his truck . I was so glad to win and boy was it fun .

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Sweeeet!

That's the way it works. You can let him know they overrate his HP on the Hemi by about 50 and the internals can't take more than 400hp before they blow. Sad excuse for a Hemi. The 426 was a monster motor. ;)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
How did you race????

turbogreed, did you put it down a gear or 2 (4, 3, 2) or just floor it off the line????? You should have mimicked the guy in the hemi commercial after you won.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Defective

turbogreed said:
A friend of mine wanted to compare his 06 Ram Hemi to my 05 Armada SE as to whos was faster . we laughed about the whole thing till he had this serious look on his face as if he wanted to race or something . so i noticed the look and ask as a joke " wanna see what its got" he laughs and says his hemi would out run my heavy ass SUV . so to make a long story short we lined them up on the way home and i tell you what , the hemi couldnt beleive what had just happened . from a stop and a roll the armada had atleast 2 1/2 cars on his truck . I was so glad to win and boy was it fun .
Tell your buddy he should take it back for "factory defective horsepower"... Oh my bad they are all the same.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Lined up with a Durango Hemi...

Hey, I can add something to this one... I had a similar experiance with a stranger the other day. I was coming home with my kids and got in a right lane that would end soon just to get around traffic. Unfortunately I got caught by a light. At the light was an 05 Durango Hemi with at least an aftermarket exhaust. I wasn't here to race but didn't want to get pushed back to the end of the line by this Dodge. I took off the line pretty hard and soon enough realized that the Young man in the "D,D" wanted to beat me to the merge ahead and had gunned it hard himself. So I laid on the gas thinking I would just match him to the bottleneck or be just behind him. It was obvious he was laying on the gas also as I could hear his engine over mine with the windows up. To my surprise and delight we dusted him to the narrowed road ahead and the kids didn't even know dad was trying to outpace someone. They just watched their movie and didn't miss a beat. It was a happy day to shame that "lighter", "higher horsepower" hemi! :moon:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
You should check MT i was browsing through there a few weeks ago and i think 0-60 was like 8s or something. One thing i do notice about "DD" owners is that they tend to wanna race and are usual driving fast.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Car & Driver did a comparison test right after the Armada was introduced, from what I remember, the Durango and the Armada were almost identical in acceleration times. I might still have that issue laying around, since at the time, I was trying to decide between the two. I'll look.

Keith

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Armada did 0-60 7.1, durango did 8.0s thats nearly a second faster so we can safely say the armada is a lot faster. 2004 Chevrolet

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
drcookie said:
Just curious, but how does DD Hemi do from 0-60 and 1/4 miles? With the smaller body (not sure about weight), the truck looks pretty quick.
Car and Driver had them just about dead even when they were compared. The Armada was a tenth quicker to 60 and the Durango was a tenth quicker in the quarter:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=7864&page_number=6

Individual vehicles will vary, as will driving abilities. We are clearly producing more power, but the Durango is lighter.

If you are getting your Armada down into reliable, repeatable 14.9 to 15.0 second range, as many of us have found, you should not have any problem with a stock Hemi Durango turning 15.4's.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
My father-in-law has a pickup with the Hemi, he had a couple of bumperstickers that said "Yeah, its got a Hemi!". I took one and mod'd it to say "Yeah, it'll beat a Hemi!" He wasn't amused.

Keith

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shaft2k said:
turbogreed, did you put it down a gear or 2 (4, 3, 2) or just floor it off the line????? You should have mimicked the guy in the hemi commercial after you won.

I just mashed the hell out of the gas , and figured if i needed to drop a gear i would but the run didnt need it at all . i love this truck :D

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Gross or Net

Is the D Hemi 340 hp gross or net. Seems like gross? Lighter truck more power slower time (B-D-B-D-B-D, Buck Rodgers, this does not compute).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.