Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unbelievably frustrated at the moment with the lack of support for the 2017+ Armada. I just purchased one and fit it with 34" tires. (275/65 20 BFG KO2 34" with zero rubbing) I would like to lift it around 1.5 to 2 inches and it would seem obvious there would be at least some aftermarket support considering the Patrol is nearly the same vehicle.

2 Questions:

1) Is the 2017 Armada basically the same as the Patrol minus lockers and magnetic ride control?

2)Has anyone found any domestic off road support for the Armada?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

DeepSix

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Got pics to share how it looks on your Armada?

You know this platform is not one that is popular in the US for offroad or to modify. I believe like 90% of owners of this 2017 Armada or the QX80 model do not want anything to do with offroading or lifts, hence the almost non existence aftermarket support.

So, be ready to spend some real money if you want to modify your ride. You can join the Nissan patrol forum that is based in Australia and take your chance shedding some real dough to get after market parts from Australia.

To answer your questions...

1) The 2017 Armada is basically the Patrol minus lockers. But the Patrol happens to be a tiny bit taller, hence a better clearance. Also, it has a better approach angle than the Armada.

2) Domestic support for the new 2017 body style is probably non existent so far. So if you want to see aftermarket parts, join the Nissan Patrol forum of the Australian guys and see their mods and maybe ask there and order parts from Australia. Be the first! There is always the first on every forum.

Are you looking for looks or do you plan to really take yours on some real offroad, not just dirt roads.

I have taken my 2012 QX on roads that left lifted Jeeps and Toyota FJs speechless. They told me I was crazy taking my QX on terrains that would damage my QX easy. But my QX was not faced. LOL, I was on vacation and ready for damage, if it happened. But I have confidence in my ability and the car's ability. I took it all stock with good offroad tires and went up treacherous hills in the colorful San Juan mountains in Colorado. The guys I drove along with all believed that I would NOT make it. But my QX kept up in luxury and style. I do not call that thing King of the road for nothing.

The QX/Armada/Patrol is a very capable offroader. You can have tons of fun in its stock form. Though to be honest, I believe the older Armada can handle it just as well or even better.

I have a tentative plan to maybe take my QX again offroad soon, but only about 4 hours away from me here in Texas. Will try to take more pictures and even make a video and post. I am waiting to order my GoPro Hero 6 soon before I make the trip. Since some British thieves stole my last GoPro Hero while I was on vacation in Britain last month.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! Your rig looks great and I'm not surprised is gets around very well. This is a super capable platform. I was going to buy a lightly used demo Land Cruiser but they don't make them without a sunroof and there's not enough headroom. Then I found such a good deal on this new Armada, I didn't even think twice. I'm very happy with it but SO disappointed at the level of support.

I don't need to go rock crawling or super hardcore "how badly can I get it stuck" type wheeling. The lift will serve little function other than improving the ride quality both loaded and empty. (I'd like to go with a nice remote adjustable coil over design.) I do go a lot of places beyond logging roads, I tow trailers and a boat frequently.

Here's a crazy example of the lack of support... I looked at the OME website and found a package for the Patrol and then called 4 different 4x4 shops. None could get the package I was referring to and none had any options to offer me. Then I went online to a suspension shop and I can order all of the parts from the kit. There are probably parts from every suspension manufacturer that will work but no one has taken the time to put them together and list them for the Armada. I guess this just reaffirms your suggestion that demand is SUPER low.

Thanks for your suggestions about finding a Patrol forum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to share this information in case anyone is interested:

"Radflo does offer replacement shocks for the Nissan Armada. We do a 2.5 front coil over with remote reservoir and a 2.5 rear shock with remote reservoir. Compression adjusters are also available. The front coil overs require aftermarket upper control arms and the rear are designed for 2" of lift. The rear springs are sold by ARB overseas. I am not sure about in the USA."

Regards,

Glenn Classen
Radflo Suspension Technology
11233 Condor Ave, Fountain Valley, CA, 92708
Tel: 714 965-7828 Fax: 714 965-7828

The only upper control arms I've found are made by Total Chaos and cost about $750. (Just search Patrol UCA) I suspect the springs are the +50mm Old Man Emu springs which you can get here. You just have to look for them by part number not make and model. The challenge for me is this setup is approaching $3000 which is a lot more than I want to put into a 2" lift.

The only alternative I've found so far is the Old Man Emu 2" lift kit for the patrol. It's not a coil over system and in a 40mm lift in the front and 50mm in the rear. Again, you can't order the kit in the US but all of the individual parts are available. (4 springs and 4 shocks/struts) If you go to the OME website and use their selector tool, it will give you the right package for the load you carry. When you drill down from there, it will show you the individual part numbers and with those, you can order from any OME retailer. Total cost for this is about $1100 or so. The bonus is that it's a smaller lift and doesn't require you to replace the UCAs so that save's a lot of money.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
arb/ome

Hello I'm new here, but I was researching the subject a little myself.

It looks like you could use ARB/OME suspension meant for Y62 Patrol:
arb.com.au / nissan-patrol-y62-2010-present / old-man-emu

The cheaper option gives you 1.5 in (40mm) lift and you can use different spring rates, depending on how much extra load you are planning to carry.
The (much) more expensive option gives you adjustable coil-overs with a remote reservoir.
You can order those parts from your local US ARB dealer as long as you know the part number.

That being said, I would research forums or call ARB Australia to check about possible interference with the self-leveling suspension...
...or crawl under the truck and figure it out myself ;)... usually a spacer/relocation bracket is all that's needed, if at all...
Good Luck!

Sebastian

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Does your model have HCMC?

We can send lift kits from Australia to suit either HBMC or standard springs/shocks...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
He drives a 2017 Armada. The new Armadas do not have the HBMC.

Only some of the 4x4 new QX56/80 have the HBMC. I drive a 2012 QX56/80 and it has the HBMC.

Do you have any QX80 owners in Australia with lifted Infiniti QX80? I would love to see pictures.

I don't know for sure if all the lift kits on the Patrol would fit exactly on the Infiniti QX80 suspension. But my guess is it will fit.

The only problem here is you guys in Australia do use your car offroad. In America here, you will not find any new body Armada or QX going offroad. Let alone lifting it. If we find one, it will be 1 in a million. It will be very rare. Or say we may even never see it any time soon. People who drive this car are concerned about scratching it.

Can you please show us some pictures of some lifted Nissan Patrols that have the HBMC?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
He is driving a 2017 Armada. The new Armadas do not have the HBMC.

Only some of the 4x4 new QX56/80 have the HBMC. I drive a 2012 QX56/80 and it has the HBMC.

Do you have any QX80 owners in Australia with lifted Infiniti QX80? I would love to see pictures.

I don't know for sure if all the lift kits on the Patrol would fit exactly on the Infiniti QX80 suspension. But my guess is it will fit.

The only problem here is you guys in Australia do use your car offroad. In America here, you will not find any new body Armada or QX going offroad. Let alone lifting it. If we find one, it will be 1 in a million. It will be very rare. Or say we may even never see it any time soon. People who drive this car are concerned about scratching it.

Can you please show us some pictures of some lifted Nissan Patrols that have the HBMC?

Hi mate see below a pic of my Y62 Ti lifted 2'' with HBMC and 35'' Muddies.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hi mate see below a pic of my Y62 Ti lifted 2'' with HBMC and 35'' Muddies.
That looks very good.

Do you have more pictures? Can you post there? I wanted to see from different angles and if you can make the picture bigger. that would be great.

Do you have details of your lift?

How many inch lift? 2 or 3.5?
From what manufacturer? Any more details about the lift or a link to see all what you bought and used?
Did you install new upper control arms to be able to compensate for more wheel travel? What brand control arms?
Your HBMC still works ok?

Do you have a build thread that shows everything you did with pictures/ if yes, would love to see a link.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
That looks very good.

Do you have more pictures? Can you post there? I wanted to see from different angles and if you can make the picture bigger. that would be great.

Do you have details of your lift?

How many inch lift? 2 or 3.5?
From what manufacturer? Any more details about the lift or a link to see all what you bought and used?
Did you install new upper control arms to be able to compensate for more wheel travel? What brand control arms?
Your HBMC still works ok?

Do you have a build thread that shows everything you did with pictures/ if yes, would love to see a link.
I have tons of pics but my posting rights on this site prevent me from adding my very own new post.

Current lift option's are 2", 3 and ,3.5

Ontrack 4x4 make the lift kits.

New UCAs are about to be released (January) much better then the total kaos ones.

Once they hit the market I will go up to 3.5-4 inch and add 37s...

My HBMC work's fine with the lift.

I'd encourage you to jump onto Y62 modified action Facebook page and check out both my YouTube channel "Wheeling Webber" and "Dash Off-road" for some really good content.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I have tons of pics but my posting rights on this site prevent me from adding my very own new post.

Current lift option's are 2", 3 and ,3.5

Ontrack 4x4 make the lift kits.

New UCAs are about to be released (January) much better then the total kaos ones.

Once they hit the market I will go up to 3.5-4 inch and add 37s...

My HBMC work's fine with the lift.

I'd encourage you to jump onto Y62 modified action Facebook page and check out both my YouTube channel "Wheeling Webber" and "Dash Off-road" for some really good content.

I just responded to your PM that you sent. Let us take it there and see what I learn from you.

Plus, I will go and check out these your channels for your content.

Yeah, I think it is very important that that lift kit come with the UCA. I am glad you guys are making some.

Total Chaos was the first to make upper control arms for the Y62. that is another US based company. So, I see you guys now want to make one that is supposedly better. Well, I see now that USA did make the first lift and UCA for that Patrol and you guys are trying to study it and make it better since you guys have real offroad experience with the products and have enough feed back to know how to improve on design and built.

That is good. Too bad that though the companies are US based, they have zero sales in the US for the Armada and QX. Nobody wants to do this to their car int he US.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I want to do this stuff (well, I'm in Canada--close enough), but no vendor has the cajones to bother with this platform up here.

Also, if you keep saying nobody wants to off-road mod their Y62s up here, then vendors like predator bar will turn away. Stop saying that!

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Just checked out your videos, Awesome content, The Patrol is impressive. I subscribed .. Some of the comments are hilarious.. good stuff thanks for sharing..

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I want to do this stuff (well, I'm in Canada--close enough), but no vendor has the cajones to bother with this platform up here.

Also, if you keep saying nobody wants to off-road mod their Y62s up here, then vendors like predator bar will turn away. Stop saying that!
X2 for another Canuck that wants a mild lift for his truck. You know the interest is there just look at how many views this thread has. Lots of people are interested.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
X2 for another Canuck that wants a mild lift for his truck. You know the interest is there just look at how many views this thread has. Lots of people are interested.
If you are truly serious about lifting your Armada, you know there are 2 companies in the US who offer suspension upgrades for the Armada. You can contact them and get a quote for a lift.

The Armada does not have HBMC. A lot of Patrol do. The Australians who drive Patrols with HBMC are ordering their suspension upgrades from one company in the US. I have contacted them and they sent me a quote and it shows to lift a QX with HBMC, the cost is $6,000 to $10,000 for parts and labor. Trust me, let us be realistic here. This is an American company with zero sales in the US/Canada for suspension upgrade. And to be honest the reason might be the high cost that no one in US/Canada may want to pay for it. But there are some very super rich people out there that money is not a problem for them. Anybody like that can contact them and buy the suspension upgrade for their Armada. If you have a Armada, it means you do not have HBMC and so your lift will be cheaper. But how much? Only you can call and get a quote and share here if you are willing to share that info.

The Australians have A LOT of companies with kits for their Patrol. Let us hope that it fits the Armada or QX, but no one has done it to guarantee fitment. Some of us are guessing it will fit, but there has been no confirmation yet.

This guy with the predator bar told me he is a very busy guy, so his presence on the forum is very limited. But since he has my number, we have been pretty much staying in contact. He has sent me a lot of pictures that I have shared over half of them on this thread. If you PM him and want him to be sending you info, I am sure he will do that. If what you want is a bullbar for the Armada, there is one company in the US making it already and then the other company that can custom build one for you which is in Georgia.

So, if someone has not lifted his Armada or QX, and is seriously looking, there are 2 companies in the US who offer lift kits and 2 other companies who offer the bullbar with winch for the 2017 and up Armada.

So you can try to contact all 4 companies to see if they offer what you may like or want.

All those 4 companies have their names mentioned here and in another thread(s).

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
For those with QX56/80 with HBMC, the Australian 2 inch lift is done and price quote should be released soon. I hope the guy himself will come and here and mention that.

This is a pic he sent me yesterday of part of the lift for the HBMC system. The pic is from the actual owner called Andrew of Ontrack4x4 in Australia. He is the one who text me this pic.

Will hope to get more info from him as he is a busy guy for sure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts