Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Dash Offroad in Australia emailed me yesterday to tell me the cost of the 2" lift kit for the 2011 and up QX56/QX80.

He has a youtube channel and this is him in one of his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6YGI4U9lJs&feature=youtu.be

2 inch lift kit for the 2011 QX56/80 with HBMC is priced at AU$1,816 Australian Dollars) plus shipping.

Based on today's exchange rate, that means the lift kit cost $1,282 (US Dollars). Customer has to pay for shipping, which is an extra cost.

Well, shipping may be a lot. You have to add shipping to that. He is still to contact me with a quote for shipping.

This is the 2 inch lift kit. Same pic in post above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has any one installed the OnTrack 2”lift kit on a qx80 yet? I ordered the kit from Ontrack (pic below), but the ball joint that connects to the knuckle is different.
20191109_024858824_iOS.jpg

QX80/Armada's knuckle requires ball joint fitting on the right, but OEM patrol lower control arm ball joint has the tapered fitting with castle nuts on the left. The outside diameter of these two ball joints are also different. QX80 one on the right is slightly smaller than the patrol one. It seems like we have to either get a set of patrol knuckle and hub to make this work or use some metal sleeve to force fit QX80 ball joint into patrol LCA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Y62 armada and Y62 patrol share different suspension setups. Front control arms are different and rear control arms are different as well. Installing patrol control arms, knuckes, lift kits etc.. to the us spec y62 will not work.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I'm considering installing OME shocks/springs to my U.S. spec Y62 Armada for a firmer ride. Has anyone done this? Will replacing the rear auto-leveling shocks with OME shocks cause issues? Should I just replace the fronts and leave the rears OEM?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also interested in the OME shocks/struts/springs. Picking up my Armada tomorrow and want to get to it on the dirt ASAP. I've had OME suspension on all my previous rigs (Samurai, WD21 Pathfinder, UX Trooper) and have always been happy with it. Hoping to go the same route with the Armada.

From what the ARB Catalog says, I'd be looking at:

Front:
2979 Springs (Since I plan on having a bumper and winch)
90015 Struts

Rear:
2987 Springs (Possibly 2988 since I do want a dual swing bumper with tire and Scepter can carrier)
60084 Shocks

This'll give you ~1.5" (40mm) in the front and ~2" (50mm) in the rear, so you'll be stink bugging a bit, but that's not a big deal really.

My question is the airbags in the back. My understanding is that the rear suspension requires both the springs and the airbag to support the vehicle. Is this true, or is there a way to eliminate the airbags? If not, can you run the stock bags with the OME springs, or do they need to be upgraded? And if they need upgraded, does anyone know who sells upgraded bags, and would you then also need to upgrade the compressor?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Also interested in the OME shocks/struts/springs. Picking up my Armada tomorrow and want to get to it on the dirt ASAP. I've had OME suspension on all my previous rigs (Samurai, WD21 Pathfinder, UX Trooper) and have always been happy with it. Hoping to go the same route with the Armada.

From what the ARB Catalog says, I'd be looking at:

Front:
2979 Springs (Since I plan on having a bumper and winch)
90015 Struts

Rear:
2987 Springs (Possibly 2988 since I do want a dual swing bumper with tire and Scepter can carrier)
60084 Shocks

This'll give you ~1.5" (40mm) in the front and ~2" (50mm) in the rear, so you'll be stink bugging a bit, but that's not a big deal really.

My question is the airbags in the back. My understanding is that the rear suspension requires both the springs and the airbag to support the vehicle. Is this true, or is there a way to eliminate the airbags? If not, can you run the stock bags with the OME springs, or do they need to be upgraded? And if they need upgraded, does anyone know who sells upgraded bags, and would you then also need to upgrade the compressor?
My '17 Armada has self-leveling shocks, not airbags. Is that what you mean? I've wondered about the self-leveling shocks and if they can be swapped for OME.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My '17 Armada has self-leveling shocks, not airbags. Is that what you mean? I've wondered about the self-leveling shocks and if they can be swapped for OME.
So I actually have airbags back there. They do inflate and deflate to adjust for load.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts