Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an estimate for about $500 to replace bad right front Wheel bearing. Is there any way to get a better deal?

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
A Timken wheel hub assembly is less than $150 over at Rockauto.com. Either find another shop or DIY.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's pretty easy to do yourself if you have enough tools and time. But I agree with PrimoV8. Find another shop or DIY. I had a similar issue and did it myself. I didn't have enough tools at the time (now I do), but I was able to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Les Shauab quoted about 500 too...so not sure another shop would do it for less. I would DIY but dont have garage. I can look into it though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah Les Shauab quoted about 500 too...so not sure another shop would do it for less. I would DIY but dont have garage. I can look into it though
I know $500 can be a lot, but it's not as much as I thought it could be. You might be better off paying the $500. By the time you research, buy the tools, take the time off and get it done, you might wish you just paid $500. If I could go back in time with specific work (Hondas pressed in bearings) I wish I just paid up! Good luck on your decision!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Check out what you need to do it:

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
@bobmane, $500 will likely be your better option. If this is the OE whee hub assembly and you reside in an area where roads get salted during the winter months, then guaranteed it’s going to be a difficult, first time DIY. Nissan does not believe in applying anti-seize.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts