Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just to preface. Im not a mechanic, but i do know a limited thing or two. My Armada just stalls randomly while driving and im not really able to see any correlation with anything. it stalls when im going under 50kmh and when im going over, even when im parked. im very frustrated with it because as i already said nothing really sticks out as a cause except for the fact that it seems like when i push it past 2500rpm im finding its more likely to do it? But im not even really sure about that. (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt). So, when it actually stalls two things happen it makes kind of a weird sucking noise as if the pistons were still moving without any combustion happening if that makes any sense. the second thing is that the oil and coolant, brake (exclamation point one), battery and 4wd lights come on. Theres no smells or anything like that either.

last couple of things. the engine lights been on well before this started happening with a p0455 code (evaporative emissions gross leak/no flow). im told this may or may not have anything to do with it. From what i can tell it probably is whats causing it due to some vacuum issues that can be caused by whats involved with the code (already checked the gas cap).

The last thing is my air dam was damaged for a period of time without me realizing. i thought that this might be what the code was but sadly, it was not aha. so i had that replaced and no luck. sorry for the long post, i hope i explained what was going on well enough.

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
hello. welcome.
your car is vintage so its understandable to see issues, especially if you bought it used as a car is only as good as its prior owners.

how long have you had it? i take it you are not the only owner?
what is the mileage?
do you have any maintenance records on this car?
have you pulled any other codes? have you had someone try and work on the car (e.g. you took it to someone to fix problem A but after getting the cr back now you have problem B)
you can have any numbers of issues. just saying its sputtering does not mean its a specific thing. there coud be mulltple issues.

so things to check for:
-faulty petrol filter/pump
-dirty MAF
-worn o2 sensors
-faulty cats
-cracked manifolds
-clogged injectors
-faulty coil packs
-worn or out of spec spark plugs
-compression issues

you may want to spend some time searching this forum using some specific words. there is a lot of info here that can help you. we only know as much as you can tell us and we can only speculate.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
My 06 started stalling at random but would always restart and sometimes run normal and sometimes it would misfire for a few seconds then run normal until the next time it happened. It wasn't throwing any codes though. The last time it happened it threw the code for the crankshaft position sensor which fixed the problem. All that to say it could be the crank or cam position sensor or both.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
it might be your fuel pump. Have them check your fuel trim that it’s getting enough fuel through our the whole rpm range. It can lead to the dreaded low effiency code for the cats, cause it’s running lean at higher rpms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts