Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Am getting new tires and the dealer said they have a generic for all cars. Seems odd. Is this correct, really need to replace these sensors. They are original.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hello,
Am getting new tires and the dealer said they have a generic for all cars. Seems odd. Is this correct, really need to replace these sensors. They are original.
Thank you.
Yes.. they have aftermarket compatible. How much is the dealer asking? You can get ones at RockAuto for about $25 bucks each. Relearn Type 315Mhz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.. they have aftermarket compatible. How much is the dealer asking? You can get ones at RockAuto for about $25 bucks each. Relearn Type 315Mhz
Have to use theirs, the guy said they have a box full and 'they aint too bad, maybe 35 bucks tops" so I'll let you know Friday/Saturday. Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Have to use theirs, the guy said they have a box full and 'they aint too bad, maybe 35 bucks tops" so I'll let you know Friday/Saturday. Thank you very much.
Shoot... Good Luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to Rock Auto (on line) to look around. Under 2004, they do not list a Pathfinder Armada, they do show a 5.6L V8, but parts dont seem to match. Would like to pick up a few spare parts.
Any other places you recommend?
Thanks

Shoot... Good Luck
Shoot... Good Luck
Shoot... Good Luck
Went to Rock Auto (on line) to look around. Under 2004, they do not list a Pathfinder Armada, they do show a 5.6L V8, but parts dont seem to match. Would like to pick up a few spare parts.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Thanks
Start here Nissan Parts - Genuine OEM Nissan Parts and Accessories Online it's best to shop with them by using your VIN number to get the most accurate parts. It's all OEM parts a bit expensive but still cheaper than dealer. Also try Autozone.com. I would say as a very last resort amazon and ebay. I only use the last two for price checking. they have been known to sell counterfeit and low quality parts. Hope this helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Start here Nissan Parts - Genuine OEM Nissan Parts and Accessories Online it's best to shop with them by using your VIN number to get the most accurate parts. It's all OEM parts a bit expensive but still cheaper than dealer. Also try Autozone.com. I would say as a very last resort amazon and ebay. I only use the last two for price checking. they have been known to sell counterfeit and low quality parts. Hope this helps
I guess the VIN is the best way to go for this. I have resisted doing this but its probably more accurate. As far as Ebay, shopped there once, got screwed, they permanently lost a customer.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Thanks
Have you tried looking under the 2005 Armada section to see if parts match?

Is there a specific spare part you are looking for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a specific spare part you are looking for?
Was wondering about the spare tire tool kit. Mine is different from the other years and while the 2005 tip looks the same nissanusa says it will not fit the 2004. The 2004 Pathfinder Armada is the same vehicle and the 2005 so dont understand why they are different. PIA!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Was wondering about the spare tire tool kit. Mine is different from the other years and while the 2005 tip looks the same nissanusa says it will not fit the 2004. The 2004 Pathfinder Armada is the same vehicle and the 2005 so dont understand why they are different. PIA!
Which part is different? The Jack?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which part is different? The Jack?
Not the jack the spare tire raising and lowering tools.
Nissan USA shown the 2004 Spare Tire Tool Kit as a Tee rod an extension and a lug wrench that also acts as a spare tire lifting and lowering crank.
The 2005 and up show the tee + 2 long extensions.
Anyway, I'll ask at the dealership tomorrow since I am unable to lower the space.

Assume the Rock Auto sells sensors, think I'm going to replace some since the car is starting to act up a little and I'm going to keep it.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Nissan USA shown the 2004 Spare Tire Tool Kit as a Tee rod an extension and a lug wrench that also acts as a spare tire lifting and lowering crank.
Anyway, I'll ask at the dealership tomorrow since I am unable to lower the space.

Assume the Rock Auto sells sensors, think I'm going to replace some since the car is starting to act up a little and I'm going to keep it.
Thanks.
Reason I asked is... I only saw the jack as being discontinued @ nissanpartsdeal.com but you can get the rest here Tool Kit & Maintenance Manual - 2004 Nissan Armada
Hope this helps

Thanks.
In what way is your beast acting out of the ordinary?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Admiral Chester Nimitz, Fleet Commander of the Armada (Chester to his friends), occasionally will turn on his Brake light/VDC off light/Slip light and leave them on for 10 minutes to two weeks, then turn them off. Nothing is wrong, just the lights are annoying (understand one sensor is acting up but no idea which one or where). My back up sensors are acting up and I do use them so thought I’d replace all 4.

Reason I asked is... I only saw the jack as being discontinued @ nissanpartsdeal.com but you can get the rest here Tool Kit & Maintenance Manual - 2004 Nissan Armada
Hope this helps

In what way is your beast acting out of the ordinary?
Admiral Chester Nimitz, Fleet Commander of the Armada (Chester to his friends), occasionally will turn on his Brake light/VDC off light/Slip light and leave them on for 10 minutes to two weeks, then turn them off. Nothing is wrong, just the lights are annoying (understand one sensor is acting up but no idea which one or where). My back up sensors are acting up and I do use them so thought I’d replace all 4.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Does Chester have the type that shows you tire on all four corners? Do he have both front and rear obstruction sensors?

The Admiral is well known where I’m from. There is even a beach named after him🤙

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only Nimitz Beach that I'm aware of is in Honolulu, never been to the beach but I understand its next to the Coast Guard runway.

Anyway, there are 4 back up sensors, none in the front.

I did try and have the sensor replaced that causes the lights to come on, but it wouldn't act up in the shop. My understanding is there is only one sensor for the Brake light, VDC off light, and Slip light. but no one knows where it is.

As for the jack, if this one fails can always go to something else. The tee tool is another story.
I'll know more tomorrow, we'll see about the sensors, shame I just cant put the maintenance kit in for a buck.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
The only Nimitz Beach that I'm aware of is in Honolulu, never been to the beach but I understand its next to the Coast Guard runway.

Anyway, there are 4 back up sensors, none in the front.

I did try and have the sensor replaced that causes the lights to come on, but it wouldn't act up in the shop. My understanding is there is only one sensor for the Brake light, VDC off light, and Slip light. but no one knows where it is.

As for the jack, if this one fails can always go to something else. The tee tool is another story.
I'll know more tomorrow, we'll see about the sensors, shame I just cant put the maintenance kit in for a buck.
If you are talking about the ABS Actuator and electric Control Unit its the brain for your ABS, TCS and VDC. It's located right beside the brake master cylinder. Here is the FSM for your Vehicle brake system. You can read up on it while to wait to take Chester to the dealer. Lets see what the dealer finds. Good Luck

Attachments

Reactions: USMCEagle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you are talking about the ABS Actuator and electric Control Unit its the brain for your ABS, TCS and VDC. It's located right beside the brake master cylinder. Here is the FSM for your Vehicle brake system. You can read up on it while to wait to take Chester to the dealer. Lets see what the dealer finds. Good Luck
This looks like something I am better off not futzing with. Pity, was hoping it was just a quick pop in pop out sensor. Thanks!

This looks like something I am better off not futzing with. Pity, was hoping it was just a quick pop in pop out sensor. Thanks!
Hello toame,
The tire center did replace the sensors and told me everything was fine but, they are no longer on the bill and they will not activate. The technician asked me twice if this was a 2004 and I said yes but dont thing he wanted to mess with them.
I dont see any place on line on how to reset them myself, you have any thoughts on where I should look? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hello toame,
The tire center did replace the sensors and told me everything was fine but, they are no longer on the bill and they will not activate. The technician asked me twice if this was a 2004 and I said yes but dont thing he wanted to mess with them.
I dont see any place on line on how to reset them myself, you have any thoughts on where I should look? Thanks.
Does Chester your have the ability to recognize all four tire pressure and position? Or is it just a tire symbol light on the dash. Is your TPMS light of the dash blinking or soild ON?

Did the tire center tell you what brand of aftermarket tire sensors they put on? There is a relearning procedure that should have done after the install.

Here is a thread that give you instruction on how to reset your tire sensors. How to reset the TPMS

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did the tire center tell you what brand of aftermarket tire sensors they put on? There is a relearning procedure that should have done after the install.
Have 4 individual tire pressures but not positions.
Did find a Nissan video on how to do it with a paperclip, first set the tire pressures at 27, 30, 33, 36 and click your heals 6 times -- oops - ground the connection and it will reset. Can send you a link to the video. dont know if its factual but the video looks good.

Did find a Nissan video on how to do it with a paperclip, first set the tire pressures at 27, 30, 33, 36 and click your heals 6 times -- oops - ground the connection and it will reset. Can send you a link to the video. dont know if its factual but the video looks good.
No to brand. probably need to go back in person since not answering phone.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Have 4 individual tire pressures but not positions. Did find a Nissan video on how to do it with a paperclip, first set the tire pressures at 27, 30, 33, 36 and click your heals 6 times -- oops - ground the connection and it will reset. Can send you a link to the video. dont know if its factual but the video looks good.
Do the relearn instruction you found or the on the thread I sent you... first. It should work.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts