Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The "pro" did drive it in the parking lot. but only for a couple of minutes.
Tomorrow I'll set the TP to reset specs and take it for a drive. AND let you know.
The technician (pro he aint) took $35 x 4 off the bill. There are 4 installed. 315 mhz tpms, 1 new per tire. Maybe he did not know the learning procedure.
If not, do you have a favorite tool(s)? Come hell or high water, this will work!

Did the Pros drive your Vehicle during the process? On some sensors... they need to spin to wake up. adjust your tire pressures according to the reset procedures and drive... I bet they will start registering. It worth a shot!
Tomorrow I'll set the TP to reset specs and take it for a drive. AND let you know.
The technician (pro he aint) took $35 x 4 off the bill. There are 4 installed. 315 mhz tpms, 1 new per tire. Maybe he did not know the learning procedure.
If not, do you have a favorite tool(s)? Come hell or high water, this will work!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I have a good feeling that if your drive it around tomorrow as prescribed Chester will see all four tire pressures. We'll discuss tools then. Good Luck!!

Reactions: USMCEagle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have a good feeling that if your drive it around tomorrow as prescribed Chester will see all four tire pressures. We'll discuss tools then. Good Luck!!
I'll set the pressure in the tires to learning mode and take it for a drive. We'll see; I want it to work; if it works I owe you a case of Michelob Ultra, or your poison of choice...

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Really hope this works 🙏

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Really hope this works 🙏
Me too. It makes sense that the system is reading the presence of the 4 transmitters. It also makes sense that all four transmitters are sending to a single receiver so none are registering. Hopefully he registered 4 transmitters and not 1 transmitter 4 times.
Anyway, we'll know tomorrow.

Well, searched all over for the white clip again, unable to find it. Set tires to 27-30-33-36 and went for a nice drive, nothing. The tire light comes on briefly when starting car and immediately goes out. The tire monitor shows *psi on all four positions. Curious, how can I tell if there are sensors in the tires without a tool?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Me too. It makes sense that the system is reading the presence of the 4 transmitters. It also makes sense that all four transmitters are sending to a single receiver so none are registering. Hopefully he registered 4 transmitters and not 1 transmitter 4 times.
Anyway, we'll know tomorrow.

Well, searched all over for the white clip again, unable to find it. Set tires to 27-30-33-36 and went for a nice drive, nothing. The tire light comes on briefly when starting car and immediately goes out. The tire monitor shows *psi on all four positions. Curious, how can I tell if there are sensors in the tires without a tool?
Thanks
I'm sure they are present if your flat tire light is not SOLID ON. If you still can't find the reset wire. Then the only option is to take it to the dealer and have them reset it for you. Something I was hoping to prevent.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm sure they are present if your flat tire light is not SOLID ON. If you still can't find the reset wire. Then the only option is to take it to the dealer and have them reset it for you. Something I was hoping to prevent.
I'll get up there once more with a single edge blade and cut some tape, everything I see says it has to be in the OBDii harness. I just dont feel it there.
IMO the dealer lacks the competency to program.
Is there a tool you like for an 04' ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I'll get up there once more with a single edge blade and cut some tape, everything I see says it has to be in the OBDii harness. I just dont feel it there.
IMO the dealer lacks the competency to program.
Is there a tool you like for an 04' ?
Thanks
Try going to your favorite auto part store and see if they have a tool for loan. I think Autozone might have. Anyway I owe a scan tool called Launch 129X that scan and resets: TPMS and other functions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'll see about the loan or rental program.
Is the 04' Pathfinder Armada TPMS any different from the 05' Armada TPMS? Thought they were the same for several years.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I'll see about the loan or rental program.
Is the 04' Pathfinder Armada TPMS any different from the 05' Armada TPMS? Thought they were the same for several years.
Should be the same.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Should be the same.
Here is the short version.
Went to O’Reilly and Auto Zone to see about renting a TMPS tool, neither has one.
Nissan and Tire Kingdom said they will only install and reset their own products. They are happy to break down the tires, remove and install new sensors, etc.

As far as I can tell the procedure is fairly simple but takes two tools. One to scan IDs and another to upload the sensor IDs through the OBD2 port. Or a combo tool.

Your Launch tool looks very professional and will do the job. Was hoping not to spend $282 on a tool for a one-time use.

Eventually will get this done. Almost bought ATEQ QuickSet TPMS Reset Activation Tool Relearn Tire Pressure Monitoring System from Amazon, BUT it will not read to sensor IDs so that is out.

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Here is the short version.
Went to O’Reilly and Auto Zone to see about renting a TMPS tool, neither has one.
Nissan and Tire Kingdom said they will only install and reset their own products. They are happy to break down the tires, remove and install new sensors, etc.

As far as I can tell the procedure is fairly simple but takes two tools. One to scan IDs and another to upload the sensor IDs through the OBD2 port. Or a combo tool.

Your Launch tool looks very professional and will do the job. Was hoping not to spend $282 on a tool for a one-time use.

Eventually will get this done. Almost bought ATEQ QuickSet TPMS Reset Activation Tool Relearn Tire Pressure Monitoring System from Amazon, BUT it will not read to sensor IDs so that is out.

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts.
Thank you.
My thoughts are... we need to find that reset wire on your vehicle. If you can live (for awhile) with the current state of your TPMS issue. Can you go back to the tire place that installed the sensors and find out the brand and type of sensors installed? In this way we can know what kind f sensors we are dealing with. Worse can is replace the sensors with ones that don't require the two step programing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
My thoughts are... we need to find that reset wire on your vehicle. If you can live (for awhile) with the current state of your TPMS issue. Can you go back to the tire place that installed the sensors and find out the brand and type of sensors installed? In this way we can know what kind f sensors we are dealing with. Worse can is replace the sensors with ones that don't require the two step programing.
I can live with it forever if I have to; it just annoys me that it is not working.
It is most likely this because they said it is all they have and did not special order. Generic 4Pcs TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor System 315MHz #13586335 Universal US.
Below the steering wheel there is a knee panel (for lack of a better term). Would I have better access to the wires if I removed it? Looks like only a few screws holding it in.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Below the steering wheel there is a knee panel (for lack of a better term). Would I have better access to the wires if I removed it? Looks like only a few screws holding it in.
Thanks
yes

41 - 54 of 54 Posts