Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the roof rack that is offered by Nissan installed on a 2004? My girlfriend called my local dealership and apparently the roof rack will only work on the 2005's? Anyone know if this is valid? I suspect its not but I just wanted to double check.

Also does anyone have the cooler that plugs into the outlet in the cargo area? If so, how big is it and do you like it?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
jakmobile said:
Does anyone have the roof rack that is offered by Nissan installed on a 2004? My girlfriend called my local dealership and apparently the roof rack will only work on the 2005's? Anyone know if this is valid? I suspect its not but I just wanted to double check.

Also does anyone have the cooler that plugs into the outlet in the cargo area? If so, how big is it and do you like it?
the roof rack, per se, is standard on all Armadas. If you mean you want to add a particular type of carrier then you may have to buy an additional roof-rack rail. I don't think the roofrack design has changed between production years however but I may be incorrect.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I was referring to the one that is in the Nissan accessories pamphlet. Its more like a caged luggage carrier.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I think it should work but you will probably have to buy the additional rear cross-brace for about $75 to make it reach the front.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
jakmobile said:
The cooler's capacity is 22 quarts....holds 24 cans of your favorite.....It works great.

There are many of these type coolers out there from which to choose form.

The important thing is not to waste your money buying it from Nissan. The exact cooler can be bought online from places like Target for about $79 where my local Nissan dealer wanted $129.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...577375-1175803?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0001DI4HW

Shamus

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
yakima

yakima makes the roadwarrior (same thing that Nissan sells) which will fit if you buy the cage extension. I think the rack is about $390, the extension about $100, and you also have to buy an additional cross-beam for $75.

you may want to check your local sports equipment store chain for better prices.

FWIW the pics on Nissan's site have the road warrior attached to the front cross-beam and the front beam of the two rear beams :confused: (which we don't have)

there are two carriers that Yakima makes, you may also want to check with Thule.

btw this is for all Armadas

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Yakima LoadWarrior

I have the LoadWarrior on my 2004 Armada. It requires the LoadWarrior Extension because the by itself, it won't fit across the front and rear crossbars.

I also have my ski racks attached to the LoadWarrior

Also, remember that adding the rack will increase the height of your truck. So be careful when you go into oparking garages.

Here's a picture of my Armada with rack. Sorry, it's not a very good one but it's the only one that i have handy.

-mike

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts