Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I got a 2005 armada le that won't charge battery says 12v when running it drops to 11v battery light and brake light start flashing. Alternator is nee and good and battery is good

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Do you have any aftermarket electronics/amp, etc that can be disconnected fro troubleshooting? Have you confirmed when its running that the alternator is truly outputting the proper voltage? (not from the instrument cluster).

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I haven't read through this in detail, but sounds similar to what you are experiencing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How are the grounds? These early trucks (Titan included) often have troubles with grounding, especially the engine grounds. Are all your grounds clean and tight? Battery posts clean and tight? All connections clean and tight? Again, be sure to check the engine ground; that's where your alternator current flows. You should be seeing 14.5 volts on the battery (MIN) when running. Later years got that goofy battery management thing - you won't have it, and so troubleshooting should be straightforward.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got it it was the belt guess God was helping too cause it shredded it while I was trying to track down wires. Thanks guys for taking the time to help a fella out. We're at a strong 15v
Glad you figured out this issue. Changing out my belt, tensioner and pulley, made my Mada happy in so many ways.

Reactions: Leejames
1 - 15 of 15 Posts