Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where is the water valve RELAY connector is. Couldn't read any voltage from the water valve connector. Following by the manual I should check the relay but I couldn't find it.
I am trying to fix my AC system. My AC only blows out hot air (very hot) even refrigant is good and I can see clutch engaged

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Carefully remove the cover from the water valve/heater control valve. There is a small white gear on a shaft at the bottom. It is likely that the gear has detached from the shaft. When the shaft spins, to open and close the valve, nothing happens because the gear is not turning. Either remove the gear and epoxy it back onto the shaft ore replace the heater valve. If I recall correctly there may also another temporary fix but I can't recall that right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carefully remove the cover from the water valve/heater control valve. There is a small white gear on a shaft at the bottom. It is likely that the gear has detached from the shaft. When the shaft spins, to open and close the valve, nothing happens because the gear is not turning. Either remove the gear and epoxy it back onto the shaft ore replace the heater valve. If I recall correctly there may also another temporary fix but I can't recall that right now.
2005 armada actually uses a diferent style of valve

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Some first gens came with that plunger type heater control valve but just like its geared counterpart, functions the same way. You can go by feel or an infrared thermometer if available, check both hoses at running temp. With the A/C switched on, the left hose will be warm from the engine's bay heat, but not hot as the other hose. If it's just as hot, then you already know the valve is stuck open. If the control valve checks out fine, check the condenser fan as that is a common problem with the earlier WA60s.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some first gens came with that plunger type heater control valve but just like its geared counterpart, functions the same way. You can go by feel or an infrared thermometer if available, check both hoses at running temp. With the A/C switched on, the left hose will be warm from the engine's bay heat, but not hot as the other hose. If it's just as hot, then you already know the valve is stuck open. If the control valve checks out fine, check the condenser fan as that is a common problem with the earlier WA60s.
Excatly I already know the the control valve is struck open and the cause is the control valve connector doesn't supply any voltage (valve close at 12V and open at 0V). So does anyone know where is the water valve relay located?

I must fix it first then checking the AC line otherwise it always blows hot hot air

·
Super Moderator
5,490 Posts
did you look under the relay box in the rear of the engine room on the passenger side? its just behind the battery where the ipdm and fog lamp relays are? W/G color wire.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Just realized the connector says M7 for this water valve relay. The "M" is for main harness so this relay is located inside, around the driver side dash.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
That valve will not stop you from getting AC and make it always really hot. Mine is dead and i have it manually open at all times and it makes very little difference on my AC temp. Id say the more likely problem is you air blend actuator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts