Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.... so I was a wallflower member over at the Xterra boards. But as the wife and I are expecting a third daughter :eek: , it was time to get something a little larger. A minivan was out of the question, and the wife has been begging for a Tahoe :dork: . So I pulled into the local Nissan dealer without an agenda (I swear)-- figuring we could browse through the used inventory. The wife had other ideas. So long story short, we test drove the Armada, and bought it when we got back to the dealer. No research. No inventory search around the Puget Sound area (although they gave us a damn good deal). Being familiar with Nissan already, I have little worries about anything. And while I intend to browse the posts-- feel free to give me any insights or tidbits I may need to know!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Just browse; there is a lot of info and good people here.

Welcome

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Sounds like you did great

Right year, beautiful color, great price, sounds like you did pretty well to me. We have 4 children, so safety was critical for us. Crash tests/real world accident stories have the Armada doing very well if the worst happens. The comparison tests between the 5 full sized SUV's seemed to love the power/drivetrain/size/extras/price, and cracked on the Armada for plasticy interior, "firm" ride (too firm for them), and MPG. Experience on this board will demand you pay attention to brake rotors, rattles, occasional electrical gremlins, 2nd row door lock plasticy piece breaking, and sucking mud into the air filter if you drive in 3 feet of mud (story worth reading, hehe), but most/many have found it to be a powerful, reliable fit for them. The Forum/membership is new enough that you could probably read most of the posts in an evening, and this seems to be the best Forum on the web for Armada fans. Enjoy! ;)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Welcome to CA. I had been looking around and test driving 4runners and the new Pathfinder, (very nice, BTW) but when we finally sold our Ford P/U and old Maxima and had some $, we decided to take the Armada for a quick spin and I had the whole family and all of a sudden we were shopping for an Armada! It's really nice how far we can seperate our two kids if need be :D
We got a great deal in Renton, which was before Bellevue opened. Happy Motoring.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'll be sure to keep an eye and ear out, blackrain. Funny how each model of car has it's own little quirks. And I was hot on the idea of a Pathy, armoody. Even had the salesguy pull one out to compare. The wife wouldn't even test drive it though-- her eyes went right to the Armada. Guess its the right choice all in all. It'll fit all three kids (as well as everyone on both sides of the fanily, I think :D ), looks cool, drives nice, and will perhaps even tow that boat we've been talking about getting....

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
SeaCatt said:
Okay.... so I was a wallflower member over at the Xterra boards. But as the wife and I are expecting a third daughter :eek: , it was time to get something a little larger. A minivan was out of the question, and the wife has been begging for a Tahoe :dork: . So I pulled into the local Nissan dealer without an agenda (I swear)-- figuring we could browse through the used inventory. The wife had other ideas. So long story short, we test drove the Armada, and bought it when we got back to the dealer. No research. No inventory search around the Puget Sound area (although they gave us a damn good deal). Being familiar with Nissan already, I have little worries about anything. And while I intend to browse the posts-- feel free to give me any insights or tidbits I may need to know!

Ha Ha Ha....
I was in the same boat....
Had the Xterra, and then 2 kids and then an Armada!
:)

BTW, Welcome to the club..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts