Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a used 2005 LE Armada. 4x2

Do all the models with the DVD and Navigation also include a rear camera?

The seller tells me it has both DVD and Navigation but no camera. :confused:

He isn't currently home and I won't be able to see the vehicle until Friday.

Thx

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Maybe no rear camera if the system was aftermarket. I think its included in the Nav package stock though. It wasn't available on 2004s so check the build date.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I have the 2005 brochure right here and it don't show the Nav or Camera available on the SE.

But on the LE it's not available with the "8 passenger package". Which I find weird myself because though I have NO use for a NAV system (I figure it'd be fun to play with for an hour or so. But since I tend to use a lot of surface streets in the city and backroads out of it, the direct route is NEVER the one I take. :D ) I would think that the cam would be handy for someone with kids. I have 3 daughters and the 8 pass. is the only way to go here, LOL.

I was actually curious if the camera could be added but probably more trouble than it's worth huh?

But in answer to the original post, the camera SHOULD be part of the NAV system, listed as the "technology pkg". Plus of course this is Canada and things may differ from the U.S.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
DenDanger said:
I have the 2005 brochure right here and it don't show the Nav or Camera available on the SE.

But on the LE it's not available with the "8 passenger package". Which I find weird myself because though I have NO use for a NAV system (I figure it'd be fun to play with for an hour or so. But since I tend to use a lot of surface streets in the city and backroads out of it, the direct route is NEVER the one I take. :D ) I would think that the cam would be handy for someone with kids. I have 3 daughters and the 8 pass. is the only way to go here, LOL.

I was actually curious if the camera could be added but probably more trouble than it's worth huh?

But in answer to the original post, the camera SHOULD be part of the NAV system, listed as the "technology pkg". Plus of course this is Canada and things may differ from the U.S.
Mine is an 8 passenger one and has the camera. Adding one wouldn't be a problem, but you'd have to have something to broadcast on, like an screen in the dash.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Rear Camera+Nav With Tech Package

The rear camera and the Nav come with the tech package. You can look for the rear camera by looking at the rear hatch handle.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked the seller regarding the nav and he stated it's all factory.

He's emailing pics tommorow with VIN number,hopefully it will clear things up.

Don't want to fly 1000 plus miles only to find outvehicle wasn't as advertised :mad:

Seems like an honest guy,of course I'll check everything out.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh well dude never sent me any pics and he ended up selling the car. :(

I was ready to buy the airline ticket and head over there, but I guess he figured he didn't want the hassle of sending me a little info. :mad:

He was asking $28,900 for an 2005 LE (cars.com) with only 12K, NORCO, CA. THat was the best deal ever or there ws something wrong with the car. I'll assume that there was something wrong, that way I'll feel better. :D

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true....

Just wasn't meant to be. Have you checked Ebay? Some good deals there from time to time.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm checking everything

Cars.com
Auto Trader
Ebay (love the one w 8" lift)
Local Dealerships

I just have to be patient and keep looking. I'll post pics once I get the new ride. :cool:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Lonnie's right- Newnissans.com had some smokin' deals (below invoice) If you could find an '04 I bet you could get it very, very cheap. The later builds (after May) were fine. (Save the brakes, of course)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts