Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2005 Nissan Armada that has 230,000 miles and I’m needing to know the best shocks to use if you want a smooth ride? We were pretty happy with the OEM originally and they’ve been replaced all around once already. So, if your goal is a smooth ride what do you want to use on the rear? Ours is not air shocks.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Bilsteins are the forum favorite. I believe they now have a shock which fits the rear. Try a search and you will find part numbers.

I have the air shocks but did replace the fronts with Bilsteins (years ago) and the performance was like night and day. With the OEMs, it was down right scary over rough pavement. So far about 100k on the fronts and they seem to still be in good shape.

At 230k, I would also wonder if the springs need changing? Perhaps others will advise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Armada le, last summer I lost reverse when the transmission got overly hot and I had no clue.since Nissan didn't put a temperature gage in. The titans had one.so now I have no reverse. Shops want $ 3600 hundred to rebuilt it.$ 48,000, for a new. One. That's crazy. Know any one that has a used one for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts