Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I have a 2005 Nissan Armada with 200K miles and still in great condition without any issues. We have been traveling a lot since we move to New Mexico and at this point, I would like the vehicle to have a proper tune-up here in Albuquerque. Looking for recommendations as to where to take the vehicle for Tune-up in Albuquerque. I am concerned that if I take the vehicle to any shop that it will start causing trouble and issues. Any recommendation is appreciated. It's nice to be here...

Thank you...

V/R
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
There's not much you need to do to these VK56 engines to keep them in top running order.
If you are not experiencing any issues, then simply change your plugs every 100,000 miles and keep up on your fluid changes.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
At the least, pull the spark plugs and check their condition. Check the serpentine belt for cracks. What condition is your brake fluid, power steering fluid?

As for finding a reputable shop... well, that can be daunting if you've never really had one passed on to you from family, friends, etc... I'd probably look for a Nissan Car club online for your area, and see if they have a forum. Most car enthusiasts will let you know what shops are good/bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's not much you need to do to these VK56 engines to keep them in top running order.
If you are not experiencing any issues, then simply change your plugs every 100,000 miles and keep up on your fluid changes.
Thank you...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the least, pull the spark plugs and check their condition. Check the serpentine belt for cracks. What condition is your brake fluid, power steering fluid?

As for finding a reputable shop... well, that can be daunting if you've never really had one passed on to you from family, friends, etc... I'd probably look for a Nissan Car club online for your area, and see if they have a forum. Most car enthusiasts will let you know what shops are good/bad.
Thank you for the tips.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Thank you for the tips.
How did your Tune-Up go? I know this is a old thread, But I'm just hitting the 105K mile tune-up recommendations on both my 'Madas: Drive Belt replacement, Drain and Fill Radiator coolant, Spark Plug replacement, Oil and Filter change, Etc. I'm waiting for part to arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
....Spark Plug replacement...
Be sure you get your plugs from a reputable source such as a local auto parts store. Stay away from getting the unbelievably cheap deals on Ebay and Amazon. They're cheap for a reason (knock-offs and fake branded) and neither of those sites are authorized distributors for NGK plugs. There are folks here who have inadvertently bought the knock-offs and had nothing but problems.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Be sure you get your plugs from a reputable source such as a local auto parts store. Stay away from getting the unbelievably cheap deals on Ebay and Amazon. They're cheap for a reason (knock-offs and fake branded) and neither of those sites are authorized distributors for NGK plugs. There are folks here who have inadvertently bought the knock-offs and had nothing but problems.
Yup... I got mine from RockAuto. I was looking for what is factory installed: NGK DILF5A11. The closed equivalent was LFR5AIX-11 which is only rated to last 50K miles as compared to the original @100K.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Yup... I got mine from RockAuto. I was looking for what is factory installed: NGK DILF5A11. The closed equivalent was LFR5AIX-11 which is only rated to last 50K miles as compared to the original @100K.
I put the NGK DILFR5A11 from Rockauto in my '07 about a year ago.

Reactions: toname

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I put the NGK DILFR5A11 from Rockauto in my '07 about a year ago.
How much did it cost you back then? They are running ~$16+ each at NGK website now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts